Fast forward two more years, and my fun-filled Mothers Day weekend continued with a family day at Patterson Farm on Saturday, and then on Sunday I got to open my gifts from Scot and Ryder. I had been hinting for awhile now, ever since I had gotten really bad neck cramps that lasted for a week, that I wanted a spa day or massage. My sweet husband gifted me with this and more and I can't wait to call to make an appointment for a prenatal massage and pedicure. I think my feet could use as much pampering as the rest of my body right now, especially since I plan to be wearing a lot of open toed sandals and heels as spring comes to a close and summer starts. I also got a very cute chunky bracelet from Ryder that Scot let him pick out all on his own. When I found out that Scot had picked Ryder up from school early last week and had taken him shopping just the two of them to look for me, it was so sweet and my emotions were in overdrive so it made me want to cry I was so touched. I loved my cards that they got me as well, and just reading Scots sweet praise at what a good job I have done raising our son and now keeping our daughter safe inside meant more than he will ever know. Being a full time working mom is one of my insecurities, especially doubting the job I am doing of raising Ryder since I feel like so much of our time is apart while I am away working. If it weren't for the flexibility of Scots job and him being able to work from home so he is available to pick Ryder up and cook dinner and do most of the housework, I don't know how we would make it. I pray that God will have my will be done to one day be a stay at home mom, but until that day I just pray that I will get through this season of our life while doing the best job I know how to do of being a mom.
I know I might have lost a few of you on that last paragraph, but I think the reason this was such a great Mothers Day, even beating last year as we dedicated Ryder at our church, was hearing the words come out of Ryders mouth "Happy Mothers Day Mommy". I wanted nothing more than to hear those words and I am so blessed to be his Mommy. We had our picture taken before leaving to get breakfast at Toast in one of the nearby college towns. We had driven past and heard so many great things about how good their food was, but never stopped in to eat because we always thought it would be too crowded. After calling around to see what the Mothers Day brunches were, we realized Toast was much more in our budget, and I was very happy with my scrambled eggs and banana nut pancakes. Ryder had their strawberry stuffed french toast which had all of us singing their praises, and it was just the best morning I could have ever asked for with my sweet family of three (soon to be four!). We walked around outside afterwards and Ryder wanted to stop to play checkers. He cracks me up that he even knew what checkers were, and I laughed as he had his own little rules to the game to teach me. I obliged as only a mother knows how, and he looked up at me with the sweetest smile and it just melted my heart.
I think the sun was in our eyes, but I still tried to get a picture out front of the little breakfast place we went to, before heading to church to listen to a great Mothers Day sermon. Scot called his mom on the way to church and it was good to talk, even though I know it's hard since we live a few states from them. Ryder did great in his two year old room at church and Scot and I got to hear a really inspiring message on raising children and got some awesome insight that included some good bible versus that I will definitely be turning to as we battle the "terrible two's". I was just so happy at the whole day, and to complete my Mothers Day, I met my mom at the movies for a girls day and we watched "Something Borrowed". It was a special treat for us both because I never get to go to the movies, and the only movies I ever seem to watch anymore are on the Disney channel ha! I treated her to the movie and snacks, and we had such a fun time together. Afterwards we exchanged gifts in the shade outside the shopping area and we just hung out, laughed, talked, and I hugged her and told her just how much I loved her and how much she meant to me. I wouldn't be nearly the mom or woman I am today had it not been for my mom. I love her so much and I just pray that Ryder will one day feel that way about me when he is grown. To all the mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment