Date: May 9th, 2011
How Far Along: 21 weeks! (5 Months)!
Size of the Baby: a banana
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison (Alison after my middle name too)
Movement: stronger bumps and nudges and I usually feel it on the right side more and more everyday
Sleep: really tossing and turning a lot more, especially this week I've noticed. I wake up on my back or side stomach and realize it and then wake to turn over again so I'm not sleeping as well as I had been, and also having to get up to pee more in the middle of the night like I was in my first trimester
Cravings/Aversions: not much of either this week, and noticing that I'm getting fuller much faster now, but craving lots of tomatoes and cucumbers from the farmers market and any kind of fruit. Aversion to all meat!
Symptoms: peeing more and more at night and through the day, makes sleeping through the night harder. The itching has gotten much much better thank goodness, but in place of the itching I am noticing that Brynley feels like she's lying low on my bladder pretty much all the time which makes sneezing fun ha!
Mood: happy and feeling better about my pregnant body now that my baby bump is showing more
Highlights this week: I had the BEST Mothers Day Sunday and it made me realize I am mom to 2 kids now, which is still hard to even wrap my head around the idea of what life will be like soon. Also our trip to Myrtle Beach (with Brynley in tow) and also feeling her stronger kicks this week is a reminder of my prize for enduring the pregnancy
Husband-isms: none this week and Scot and I have really been working hard and praying to work on our moodswings (me) and his patience with me and it seems to be paying off. I know being around a hormonal pregnant person all the time is challenging, but it's not a picnic for the one carrying the baby either. Believe me- ha! I just think like any change, there is always an adjustment phase, and it too shall pass
No comments:
Post a Comment