Sunday, May 22, 2011

Reads About Ryder: 2 1/2 as of May 18th, 2010

Says: Time seems to be going by so fast these days, and I feel like if I don't take a moment to stop and record the events in my life with Ryder, that I will quickly forget the things he says and does at this moment in time. He is like a little comedian, always saying the funniest things. He is at the stage that he repeats everything we say or do, or anything that he hears on tv and will ask a million questions "whats that", "whats this". Some of those funny things Ryder says right now: "bitamin" for vitamin, "swowers" for flowers, "bedwoom" for bedroom, "bider" for spider, "I wungry" for I hungry, says "just one" or "just one more" in reference to another treat for going potty, or to read another book. "hairpane" for airplane. He also is very descriptive right now and wants a certain pair of jammies or a certain color of gummi-vitamin. Ryder is also so sweet and everything is "I make this for mommy" or "lets wait for mommy". I think all the manners we've been trying to teach him must be working!
Likes: Ryders likes: or "ikes" according to him: he pretends to read by himself and will repeat a story or song we just did, loves reading books and will bring a whole stack of them to read. Loves storytime before bed as part of our night time routine, likes hiding under the covers "mommy lets hide" from monsters, likes going upstairs to play in his room now that we have moved things around to make it his "Big Boy Room" and he has a whole play area in his room now. He has started going to play upstairs more and more by himself, but usually more during the day when it's light outside than in the evening when I get home. Favorite things are his card games like Memory, Little Einsteins game, and Candyland that his Nana and Paw paw got him. He also loves to draw and color, and has discovered a love for play dough that we recently let him have for Easter. He also loves saying prayers at night and I just pray that he too will love God and get to know Him in the way that his Daddy and I have.
 
 Favorites: Ryder has many favorite books, but his all time faves right now are his truck book with sounds and the Thomas Train book with sounds and flaps that you can lift. Foods are watermelon and honeydew, and we are so glad the farmers market is open now with lots of yummy fresh produce! I feel like we get in a rut with feeding Ryder and trying to find things that Ryder will eat. Mac and cheese, grilled cheese, rice, and oatmeal are his staples, so I just try to add things that are more nutritious.
 Although getting you to sleep and staying asleep can be challenging at times, I think we have finally found a routine that works. We start getting you settled by turning the tv off and dimming the lights and then we read a few books on our bed as a family. Mommy reads a book, then Daddy reads a book, and we let you pick one more out before going upstairs to say prayers and tuck you in. This has been working well the past weeks and we hope to stay with it. Potty training is also going well still although you do have accidents here and there, or you go through stages of not having to potty, and then will have an accident. We work through these moments too, and the funniest thing (well not so much come to think about it) is that you pooped after getting out of the shower, on the carpet! It was awful but funny at the same time, and you said "Oh no! Monster poopie!" We were laughing and it was hard to know what to do, but again, we just have to work through these moments and try not to get too upset.
 I don't know what life will be like once Brynley gets here and then we have TWO kids, but I know that life has gotten so much easier at this stage, although we do have LOTS and LOTS of tantrums. They aren't easy to deal with and sometimes I find myself with my hands in the air wondering what to do when Ryder is uncontrollably screaming and won't go to time out, and spankings won't work. And then it's as if the heavens open and a light comes down and he realizes he is being bad, and will come over and is all sweet and says sorry. But we get through them, just like we have with every other phase, and I love him so much that I wouldn't trade these days for the days when Scot and I met and life was easy.
Ryder David you are so loved and we are so blessed to have the little boy that we do! I always wanted a boy and was so happy the day that I found out you were a BOY! You make Mommy and Daddy so proud and so happy to be your parents and we know that God has great plans for you some day. When life gets crazy, we just need to stop and take time to enjoy the life that is right before us rather than thinking about what is to come, and you are the perfect example of this. Happy 2 1/2 years goose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment