How Far Along: 20 weeks which means I'm HALFWAY there!!
Weight: I haven't been posting my actual weight and the amount that I have gained or lost each month, but I was very happy when I looked back at my pregnancy with Ryder at this point and saw that I weighed 6 more pounds than I do at this point. It's the little things that make me happy this pregnancy ha! I definitely haven't been as good about working out, but maybe the first trimester of not having an appetite and having such bad morning sickness worked to my advantage. I was very motivated this week to workout and I did my usual routine, minus the abs and I felt like a new woman. I can't wait to get back to my smaller non pregnancy body, but the prize in the end is worth every minute of this body even if it means tipping the scales
Size of the Baby: a cantelope, length of a banana
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: definitely still a GIRL! (after the second ultrasound last weekend) Brynley Kate or Brynley Alison (after my middle name) are the middle names we are liking the most at this point. We used a spreadsheet on Scots computer to type out all of the ones we liked with Brynley and I had it in a cursive font and it helped to narrow our search down
Movement: stronger bumps and nudges and I usually feel it on the right side more and more everyday
Sleep: really tossing and turning a lot more, especially this week I've noticed. I wake up on my back or side stomach and realize it and then wake to turn over again so I'm not sleeping as well as I had been, and also having to get up to pee more in the middle of the night like I was in my first trimester
Cravings/Aversions: not much of either this week, and noticing that I'm getting fuller much faster now, but craving lots of tomatoes and cucumbers from the farmers market and any kind of fruit. I find myself wanting fried chicken tenders or fries but then after a few bites feeling really gross and not being able to stomach it
Symptoms: still itchy areas on my breasts, under my breasts and stomach area and face, but more tolerable now. I'm thinking it could be my body stretching but not sure, although my face doesn't stretch so maybe that theory is out ha! I also noticed my areolas are getting darker in preparation for breast feeding which I am very excited about this time, especially if I actually get to stay home this time and will have more time to get my technique down. I really hated having to pump so much with Ryder and not getting the bonding time from the actual breastfeeding, but I know it will have its challenging moments too
Mood: happy and feeling better about my pregnant body now that my baby bump is showing more
Highlights this week: it was really last weekend but going to our second ultrasound at the Lake Norman Imaging and seeing and confirming that we are definitely still having a GIRL! So worth the $100 since I still wouldn't be having a gender scan at my OB office for another month!
Husband-isms: none this week and Scot and I have really been working hard and praying to work on our moodswings (me) and his patience with me and it seems to be paying off. I know being around a hormonal pregnant person all the time is challenging, but it's not a picnic for the one carrying the baby either. Believe me- ha! I just think like any change, there is always an adjustment phase, and it too shall pass
I am so excited to be at my halfway point of my pregnancy, but I also feel anxious that we only have the next few months to get everything together and organized and make every minute count with having just one child and spending as much quality time with Ryder as we (I) can. I thought it was so sweet that Scot picked Ryder up from daycare on Tuesday just so he could spend time with him and take him Mothers Day shopping. I am so blessed for my sweet husband and my sweet son, and can't wait until I am holding that sweet girl in my arms, and smiling up at God and thanking him for my many blessings. Until that day, I will try to cherish as many moments of this family of 3 as I can,
And just in case the two pregnancy pictures weren't enough, here's two more ha! I am trying to enjoy and embrace this gift of pregnancy more than I have, and I realized halfway through that I am starting to show more and actually look pregnant and I have gotten a few comments which has been fun. One day I know I will look back and miss (believe it or not) the feeling of being pregnant. So that is my prayer today, to enjoy these moments as they will pass as quickly as they begin.
On a non-pregnancy side note, I guess today is Cinco de Mayo, so cheers! If only I weren't pregnant I would probably be indulging in some good mexican food and a glass or two of margaritas. But since I am, I think I will just be indulging in a veggie sub for dinner tonight. Have a great week ya'll!
I know it is probably hard for you to get "bigger" due to pregnancy, since you are always so thin, but girl, you look AMAZING and I am sure I weigh more than you and I am not even pregnant. Just be glad you had the chance to lose the weight from Ryder before getting pregnant again. I didn't get that chance with mine. Then I got lazy and didn't lose anything until this year. So stop worrying about how you look. You are a beautiful mommy and mommy to be again!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you.. can't wait to see that precious little girl when she is born!