Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby Bump: 22 Weeks!

Date: May 16th, 2011
How Far Along: 22 Weeks!
Size of the Baby: a papaya
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison (Alison after my middle name too)
Movement: lots! I'm starting to notice her "sleeping" and "wake" times more now too, and she has started to have the hiccups a lot, which I didn't notice with Ryder as much, maybe since I didn't know that was what they were at the time. I have read the hiccups are part of their lungs learning to breathe and I love the way it feels. It's like my belly has the hiccups ha! Also I had a napkin on my stomach the other night and as she kicked, the napkin flew up in the air!
Sleep: pregnany insomnia has begun and it has come earlier this time than when I was pregnant before. I just can't get comfortable because I am a stomach sleeper and constantly find myself having to flip myself back over or turn on my side. Scot says I have been snoring loudly and grinding my teeth, which I haven't noticed either but I will take his word for it.
Cravings/Aversions: my cravings have been pretty normal this week, although we were at the grocery store and I wanted pistacho ice cream out of the blue ha! I have also had major aversions to all meat lately, even more than usual, and turned down a chicken biscuit from Bojangles which was huge since they are my favorite! I have been trying to substitute meat with a lot of beans and humus and veggie burgers instead, which come to think of it, maybe not such a bad idea either since most are healthier anyways.
Symptoms: having to get up to pee more during the night and through the day. I have also noticed having small braxton hicks contractions, tightening around my belly. This week my hair looks so luxurious and healthy, and my nails have hardened and gotten so healthy and long too. I guess all those prenatal vitamins are working!
Mood: happy and feeling better about my pregnant body now that my baby bump is showing more
Highlights this week: feeling Brynley move and hiccup more, and moving the napkin on my stomach
Husband-isms: nothing major this week ha!

I also had to share that I have started ordering some things off of etsy and adding things to my "favorites" as well as looking online for deals on heartsy, totsy, and zulily to find as many deals as possible. I explained to Scot early on that if we were having a little girl I would be getting her a few things that I just had to have (within reason since I was given a budget ha!). I had a few diaper bags in mind, but while we were at the beach I happened to find an ebroidery place that sold these as purses but it's really a cute diaper bag. I guess I am just a sucker for polka dots and monogramming! It turned out so cute and I can't wait to start toting it around when she gets here! Scot even said it wasn't as bad as some of the other really frilly bags I was looking at, and that he wouldn't mind holding this bag haha!
This was th e first of my etsy orders that came in, a sweet little knitted hat. I have a lot of family members that knit but I just hated to request something. My mom has a singer sewing machine that she says she got as a wedding gift and hasn't used much, and she told me I could use it if I ever wanted to learn to monogram. I told her I definitely wanted to learn how and I could imagine the money I could save on all of my monogramming wants! I wish I was more talented and was able to knit myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment