Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Midweek Randoms

Since today is Wednesday and I have a lot on my mind that I have been thinking about, I thought what a better way to get it all out than by doing a Midweek Random post. If you're like me, you love reading a good post all about randoms. On a serious note, I do feel for all of the families in our country right now that are going through so much after the natural disaters we have been faced with and my prayers go out to them.

  • With only a week left in May, I have a lot planned in our summer calender already, but first I am looking forward to a long holiday weekend at home for Memorial Day! Thank goodness for long weekends! We have no plans for any travel this time, and plan to grill out and have some time in our new pool. Our "baby" pool that is. Since we live in a townhome community with no neighborhood pool, we have sought out ways to keep cool during the hot (pregnant) months, and we invested in an intex pool which I am very excited about. Stay tuned for lots of backyard pool pics ha!
  • Speaking of June, I am very excited about my next OB visit in a week, and we get to see Brynley's sweet face again at her anatomy scan ultrasound. I have to admit that I really miss all of the ultrasounds that my old OB would take, but I understand that not all OB's are as cool as he was and that's just a fact that I am dealing with as we have had to find a new Dr now that he is no longer doing deliveries. (Cue sad face)
  • Also on my June calender, I have a week/weekend with Scot out of town on a business trip and I am looking for ideas to do with Ryder since it will give us some quality time together just the two of us before the baby comes. Any ideas? I guess I will have to start thinking of some fun activities that you other stay at home mommies out there partake in since it won't be long before I too get to join the SAHM club! YAY!
  • I am struggling with Fathers Day ideas- I had the perfect gift picked out for Scot but he told me that with us on a budget right now that he would rather we spend the money on Brynley's nursery and his upcoming 40th birthday and all the bells and whistles that go along when we go to Vegas in March. So I tucked the idea away for another birthday or Fathers Day and I am trying to come up with something else but still just as special.
  • Cars 2 comes out June 24th and I am so excited because I really want to take Ryder, as this will be his very first movie watching experience in a movie theater. Have you other moms taken your 2 year olds and how did they do?? This will be a very special treat and I can't wait!
  • I also have to share what I'm loving right now: No other than Island Coconut flavored K-cups for coffee. Now that I am finally able to drink coffee each morning with no bouts of morning sickness, I have been savoring my allotted 1 cup per day with this yummy treat. I have also started using local honey rather than sugar to cut down on calories and I love the taste! If you are a coconut fan like me you'll love this stuff! (not a paid advertisement..btw)
  • I've been a lot more tired this week and it's as if my body suddenly realized it was pregnant when I almost hit my 6 month mark. I'm just trying to stay positive but it's hard somedays, especially working full-time, and then coming home to be a wife and Mommy can be hard when your energy level is so low and all you can think about is taking a hot bath. I hope this loss of energy doesn't last this early on in my pregnancy, but I just have to remember that things are different this time around, for one I'm 3 years older being pregnant and two I have a toddler that wakes up at early hours in the morning and waits for no one. Both factors I didn't have when I was pregnant with Ryder.
  • I am just catching up on some magazine reading, but fell in love (double hearts) with this dress featured in the May issue of Southern Living. With horse race season at its peak, I have mentioned my love for the Kentucky Derby before, and how bad I would like to go one day and thought this ensemble was just adorable and exactly how I would want to look if I was attending.picture courtesy of southern living magazine and modcloth.com and their website has so many cute, affordable dresses that it would be hard to choose just one! Seriously they have such cute clothes that I am already scouring the racks dreaming of my many options once I have this baby and can get back in shape. Ahhh it's nice to dream ha!
  • We have so many fun things planned for next year, and true our life will be busier than ever with a 3 year old and newborn, but Scot and I have always felt it important to still take time for the two of us. Next spring alone, we have a possible Presidents Club trip to Hawaii in March, (fingers crossed that he makes it in Presidents Club), a birthday extravaganza to Vegas to celebrate Scot's 40th Birthday, and our 5th wedding anniversary in April that we have talked about getting away for a weekend to celebrate. Then in the summer I'm sure we will make a road trip to Florida to see Scots parents, and then in August we have talked about getting a beach house rental in one of the North Carolina beaches for the week as a family of four. This makes for a lot of fun, but we will have to carefully plan it all out and we couldn't do it without the help of our very generous parents to help babysit!
  • I am very excited about all of my RHONY, and all of it's sister shows that are on Bravo right now and have finally caught up on all of the premieres. I am loving the New York and New Jersey season already, but sad that the Orange County wives are facing their season finale next week. I feel bad for Vicki and Don as their marriage seems to be failing, but it just goes to show that money doesn't always buy you happiness! I am in tv watching heaven with the new season of Bachelorette on now too and have already scouted a few faves. What is WITH the dude in the mask though? Creepy!
  • On a personal note, I have been having the weirdest thing going on with my face lately and I'm not sure if its the sunscreen that I have been using or what! My face is so dry but yet I moisturize daily/nightly and I think I am in need of either a new moisturizer or sunscreen. Maybe it's all those pregnancy hormones but whatever it is I'm not liking it one bit. I'm that girl that never had blemishes or breakouts, even in highschool or college, and its as if the skin fairies are laughing at me now! Help- what do ya'll use? sunscreen and moisturizer ideas please!
  • I finally redeemed my shutterfly Groupon and ordered my photo book for Ryder. I ended up making a book all about my pregnancy through Ryder 6months and I loved it! I had made a photo book before but had given it away to my mother in law as a gift and since then wished I had one for myself.
  • This post is getting long but I want to start finalizing plans for Brynleys nursery. I found a website to order the bedding but I'm also waiting on a lady who makes bedding and is local to call me back to give pricing info on everything before I make the decision. I would have to pick the fabrics from a fabric store if I went with her, but if it saved us a lot in the end, it would totally be worth it. I also just bought her the CUTEST tutu yesterday when I was browsing the store Black Lion during my lunch break hour and I couldn't resist. It was $12, half the price of some of the ones I'd seen on Etsy, so I was happy about my savings there, and I didn't have to pay shippiung! I also discovered zulily and when I have the funds, I am like a mad woman bouncing between etsy, totsy, zulily and ebay for any deals I can find on smocked dresses or clothes for her September arrival. So far I feel like I have more for her for next summer, but as the Fall months near I'm sure I will find some things soon.
Happy Wednesday and I hope I didn't bore you with my many randoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment