Right away, it was confirmed that yes we were still having a sweet baby girl and Scot gave me the green light to start planning her nursery and to start making my "dream list" on etsy a reality. I still feel so behind this pregnancy for some reason, I guess being halfway through it already, and since Scot and I are such planners. I just feel like come this summer I won't feel much like doing anything and I want to have all of the details done before I get to that exhausted point while I'm still in my energy-driven 2nd trimester. We brought Ryder along to the appointment and he did pretty good at first, and was even excited to see his little sister, but the boredom set in and there weren't enough toys or bribes to keep him content so we wrapped up our ultrasound session but not before getting a few really sweet pictures of Brynley. I love her SO much and can't wait to have her in my arms. I still feel so blessed to have both a boy and now a sweet girl to call my own.
We had a pretty low key weekend and I read up on my "What to Expect Toddler Years" book to try out different ideas on getting Ryder to sleep in his OWN bed without waking each night around midnight and trying to sneak in bed with us. This has been a challenging 2 weeks as he has not only been testing us with his sleep, but also he has had too many boughts of tantrums lately to keep up with! Sunday morning we went to church and got a sweet family picture (since we rarely get them anymore) before leaving. Ryder was so sweet and kept telling us he wanted to go to church, and truely seemed excited to go which was a huge relief not to have the anxiety of how he would do in the nursery. It was a really good message that hit home to both Scot and I and made me question if I was on the right road to Gods will, not my own target in life and afterwards it had us both thinking, and I spent time asking God to show me that we were choosing the right path that he has chosen for us. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking ahead of where I want to be rather than spending time in each moment. I hope that you all had a good weekend too and I will be posting my 20 week pregnancy post this week soon, which is hard to believe that I am at the halfway point already. HAPPY MONDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment