- It's Friday and I just got home from my OB appointment for the month. It went ok, it was really just to have a pap smear exam and to followup to get my next OB appointment scheduled. I met with a new midwife, which I wasn't prepared for, and maybe I was just feeling a bit hormonal, but came home upset that I had met with someone different than I had made my appointment with, and the fact that I wouldn't get another ultrasound until 24 weeks. I know it doesn't seem long but that is still a month away and I really just wanted another confirmation before then that we were having a girl. I don't know why we are even doubting anything, other than the fact that I was just 13 weeks when we had the gender ultrasound and Scot made it very clear that we weren't buying a single thing for the nursery until we knew for sure that we were having a GIRL. I'm not happy with it, so I made an elective ultrasound at the same 3D 4D place for next week and I feel much better already. I think I was just spoiled at my previous OB office because they took LOTS of ultrasounds and I always saw one Dr.
- I feel guilty for staying home today on my day off while Ryder is at daycare but I really want to relax and catch up on some "me" time
- I was asked yesterday at work what my plans were after the baby was born and I really didn't know what to say. In my heart I want to stay at home, and that is my plan, but I'm just not ready to committ to that in case we run into any unexpected bills or something that wouldn't allow for me to stay home.
- I watched some of the Royal Wedding this morning and I actually wanted to cry Kate looked so pretty and elegant and it made me think of my own wedding day and how weird she must have felt getting married in front of so many people and how I felt at my own small wedding of 50 or so and I knew all of them and was still nervous! I wonder what the wedding night will be like for them- ha!
- Right now I need to do a load of laundry, wash Tucker because he is going on 2 weeks that he hasn't had a bath, plant my pink Gerber daisy my mom gave me, and I need to refine the grocery list, but all I really feel like doing is blogging and reading up on my blogs and maybe watch Real Housewives of NY that came on last night.
- Am I vain for thinking that I need to go on a diet and I'm pregnant? I was happy to see that I had only gained 3 lbs since last month, but I wasn't happy when I saw the number on the scale
- This was what our living room looked like after Easter that afternoon. I like to call it Easter: Aftermath
- "Hey, let me show you"
- After asking a question, he usually follows it by saying "Ohhh" in a very understanding little voice
- Ryder points to any bug outside and calls it a "Byder" for spider
- He loves to sing songs and dance, and his favorite songs to sing are "Itsy Bitsy Spider", the "Mommy Daddy" song we made up with my mom one night (to the tune of Oh My Darlin') Jesus Loves Me, and Scoopin' Up My Baby Bumblebee
- Lately Ryder has tantrums on a daily basis and sometimes even 3 or 4 a day depending on his day
- He's talking sooo much and saying so many sentences and can speak so clearly now
- Ryder loves oranges lately and asks for them everyday along with popsicles
There are just so many funny and sweet things that Ryder does everyday that make me smile and my heart swells for all of the love I have for him. There are also days filled with stress and wonder at how we are going to correct his tantrums or meltdowns but we just pray that we get through each tantrum and that we raise our son to be the smart, sweet, amazing little boy that we know he can be. Whenever he goes to timeout or gets a spanking, once he has settled down he does usually come over to hug Scot or I and apologize what he had done. I love you my sweet boy and you will always be my first born that I will love, cherish and protect until you one day grow to be a man. My last confession of the day is my hopes that I will be a great mommy to two and that I won't have meltdowns of my own!


No comments:
Post a Comment