Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Bump: 18 Weeks!

Date: April 18th, 2011
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Size of the Baby: length of a bell pepper
Maternity Clothes: pants, bras, and some tops but mostly maternity pants and still wearing non-maternity tops and dresses They make me look better than looking tent-like
Gender: A GIRL! Brynley is her first name, but just trying to finalize the middle name. So far we like Kate, Cate, Claire, Reese, and are open to any suggestions. We want a more simple middle name since her first and last name are more unusual (poor thing ha!)
Movement: lots of "flutters" and "bumps" and "nudges" everyday now
Sleep: really tossing and turning a lot more, especially this week I've noticed. I wake up on my back or side stomach and realize it and then wake to turn over again so I'm not sleeping as well as I had been
Cravings/Aversions: craving fresh vegetables, salads, tomatoes and any type of fresh fruit YUM! I love that Spring is here which means lots of trips to the farmers markets for local home grown produce!
Symptoms: extremely itchy skin on my face, stomach, and breasts. It itches so bad at times that I am starting to wonder what I can do for it! This may also be TMI but I have been wetting myself when I sneeze too hard or I hold going to pee too long which has NOT been pleasant ha! I do feel like I've had a much harder pregnancy with worse symptoms this time than before and I have absolutely no desire to workout which could be part of the reason for more of my pregnancy symptoms
Mood: I feel irritated more and much less patient these days. Ryders terrible two tantrums pretty much wear me out and have me wondering how on earth I am going to handle being a mommy of two! I have also started to feel very unattractive and feel like I am in a funk, so I am hoping this phase passes. I think it's because it's starting to get warm out and it's on the verge of bathing suit season, and I will be a big tub this whole spring and summer and I'm depressed about that!
Highlights this week: receiving a sweet Easter gift for Brynley from my in-laws, a cute pink canvas pouch with a tiny purple Easter bunny inside. Also when Ryder sat next to me and put his hand on my tummy to feel Brynley kick. He was so gentle and sweet and talked to her. It was a moment that I wished I had captured on film or video but unfortunately Scot was on the other side of me talking and patting my tummy and couldn't get to the cameras fast enough. Noted that we will try this again!
Husband-isms: It's been a hard week, emotionally because I feel much needier than usual, and it's hard to get that across to a man who has no idea what it's like carrying a baby and having to avoid so many harmful things, but we are working on it and I am trying to control moodswings
Weird Dreams: still nothing weird that I can remember this week
What I Miss: nothing really, maybe sleeping good on my stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment