I tried the blackberry cobbler, Ryder had strawberry, and Scot wanted cake batter and then we sat outside on the swings and it was a perfect night for getting ice cream. A nice lady with two older boys came over and asked if we wanted our picture taken, which was sweet of her to offer. She said her two boys had been coming to Holden Beach since they were babies, just like myself and Ryder one day. It gave Scot and I a quick glimpse of the future and just how quickly time flies, and made me hold Ryder a little tighter that night.
Thursday morning we headed onto the beach for a beautiful day of sand, surf, and sunbathing. I wasn't so sure of how Ryder would react to the sand and waves this time, but right away he was all about running after the seagulls and we actually had to chase him down or who knos how far he would have kept running! I love Holden Beach for its tranquility and the fact that it is such a safe family beach. I literally felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves except for a few people running along the shore or walking their dogs.
I can't believe that I posted this picture, but I did want to look back on my pregnancy this time and remember what I looked like. I am still coming to terms with my ever changing body, but decided that since this was my last pregnancy to savor each moment, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
This makes me laugh everytime I see it because the title should be: "Ryder Finally Gets a Vacation"
Once back at Grannies beach house, we took a break to wash off the salt and sand and to have a snack. It wasn't long after that my mom and Grannie arrived and we got to hang out for awhile. Unfortunately Ryder was testing the waters with everyone to see what he could get away with, and had a bout of terrible twos when he refused to take a nap and threw a huge fit. I think being in a different place than what he is used to made him act out, but I was still embarrassed in front of my Grannie. I was glad my mom was there to help me and give advice on what to do. We didn't spank him for the longest time but now that he is old enough to understand we have been paddling him and he thinks it's funny, and time out doesn't work sometimes either, so we do have days that I go "what are we going to do!". I know that we were on vacation, but I really felt tested a few times and just asked God to help guide me to parent him in the best way that I could. I just want to be the best mom that I can, and show early on that I am the boss and so that he doesn't go wild one day. I think that is my biggest fear, but I do have a great team with Scot and we just need to take it one tantrum at a time. I was just telling my friend I didn't know what was harder. The sleepless nights with a newborn or the terrible twos ha! We were finally able to settle Ryder down and he stayed with my mom so that Scot and I could enjoy a dinner out to eat to celebrate our 4th Anniversary.
We chose to eat at Capt'n Petes on the waterway and the sun was just going down which made for a great setting. I only wish we had seen someone to take our picture together. I can't believe it has been 4 years since we got married, and it was fun to have a romantic night while at the beach to celebrate. Being pregnant I can't enjoy having cocktails but I still had fun and enjoyed talking and reminiscing with Scot about the day we got married, and what we want or see for our future together. It had been awhile it seemed since we had a date night (although I'm sure it's only been a month) but I love the times we get to spend with uninterrupted conversation and get to talk just the two of us again. I wouldn't trade the life with a toddler but it is nice to enjoy life the way it was when we first got married, if only for a few hours.
Of course Scot had to do his signature silly tortilla Tom face, but he always makes me laugh when he does it. We shared a crab dip for an appetizer and each had seafood which is strange considering I hated seafood the last 26 years of my life until last year when we were at Virginia Beach and I decided to give crab cakes a try. Scot had fried scallops which were near the best things I have ever eaten. I had crabcakes which were a bit fishy for my taste, but still enjoyed my meal. Maybe its the pregnancy that has made me want seafood so much lately ha! We stayed out long enough to have fun and got back in time to kiss Ryder good night since he was already asleep. My mom had fun reading stories to him and spending time with him, and we all went to bed to get a good nights sleep for our remaining days at the beach.
Good Friday was a good Friday, although it was overcast for most of the day but still made me think of its real purpose and what it represented. I wanted to take some family pictures by the water and seeing how sweet Ryder was with Scot made my heart smile. I just love my two boys and can't wait to add my sweet little girl to complete our family.
I love this picture but I have to admit that these days Ryder never likes to be still long enough to have his picture taken, so I bribed him and told him if he smiled for me that I would give him a treat. I know.. you have to do what you have to do though ha! He remembered this because afterwards he started begging for his goody that I had promised him!
My sweet mom and Ryder
We had a really great time at the beach, but decided to get home Saturday evening to wake up in our own beds to have Easter at home. It was good to spend time with my family and I couldn't wait to see Ryders face when he saw what the Easter bunny had brought. I hope that ya'll had a great Easter weekend too!
No comments:
Post a Comment