Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby Bump: 17 Weeks!

I'm almost a week late blogging my 17 week pregnancy update, but I have had a hard week with work and balancing being a mom, and Ryder has been going through a bout of his terrible twos to top the cake, so here is the latest in my pregnancy with Brynley. I thought since I had taken this picture at 17 weeks that I would try to recreate the same shot. The only problem was that I forgot I was facing the other way. Please excuse the bed head and no makeup, as it was before 6am when I had Scot take it Monday morning.
I had gotten the idea from seeing other blogs compare their second pregnancies and just thought it would be fun. I was happy to see that I looked about the same, minus the sexy braces I was sporting during my pregnancy with Ryder, hence the swollen face ha!

How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of the Baby: weighs as much as a turnip
Maternity Clothes: oh yes! Loving my maternity pants and tops, but still wearing mostly non maternity tops and dresses except for the one pictured above that I found at Ann Taylor. I think that the brand has a lot to do with the fit of the outfit, and in my case I found most of my maternity things at Target, Old Navy, and JC Penny. I am able to wear the non maternity tops and dresses I got in a larger size from Marshalls though.
Gender: A GIRL! Brynley is her first name, but just trying to finalize the middle name. So far we like Kate, Cate, Claire, Reese, and are open to any suggestions. We want a more simple middle name since her first and last name are more unusual (poor thing ha!)
Movement: lots of "flutters" and "bumps" and Scot got to feel her for the first time this past week when he happened to have his hand resting on my stomach
Sleep: sleeping better and adjusting to sleeping on my left side, but having to get up to pee more
Cravings/Aversions: lots of sweets cravings like chocolate and iced cookies. It hasn't helped that Easter is right around the corner and so there are lots of sweets around to satisfy all of my cravings. No aversions this week other than when I get the fishy burps from the omega 3 fish oil capsules I have been taking
Symptoms: weird dry itchy skin patches on my arm and face and I am itching EVERYWHERE all the time and have had really dry skin this pregnancy. I read it could be from my blood sugar after I eat, and it is more common in the 3rd trimester, so if it continues I will ask the midwife at my next prenatal appointment. I have also had sharp twinges in my pelvic area if I stand up from sitting too fast. It's very uncomfortable!
Highlights this week: when Scot felt Brynley kick! Also we have finished all of the rearranging furniture and rooms and now Brynleys crib is the only thing in Scots former office, and he now has his desk in our foyer
Husband-isms: I was on the verge of telling Scot we needed a marriage counselor this week, but then after he took Ryder for a nature walk in our neighborhood and gave me time to regroup, I realized it was definitely me and my crazy pregnancy hormones and moodswings. He's just good at pushes the buttons and my tolerence is pretty much NONE right now which he has a hard time understanding.
Weird Dreams: still nothing weird that I can remember this week
What I Miss: nothing really, maybe sleeping good on my stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment