Now that we finally have a working refrigerator and freezer, we have discovered a new favorite of Ryders: the POPSICLE! I am a huge fan of icy treats like the shaved ice, popsicles, and cold delights, and so it was no surprise that Ryder is a fan too. Now that it is starting to finally warm up outside, we let Ryder have his treat as an afternoon snack, and as a reward for going to the potty. He is now in big boy underwear and doing so well with his potty training, but we are still working with him at night and having to still use pull-ups. I am so glad that the weather is getting warmer, since Spring and Summer are my FAVORITE seasons of the year, but I'm sure as I get bigger throughout my pregnancy that I won't be saying that come July ha!
I haven't posted many pictures of my original baby, Tucker lately, but he seems to be getting along with Ryder better these days, especially if there is a treat involved. I think that he is also starting to sense that there are some changes going on in the house, as each weekend we start to move things around more and start to make room for the baby. He has also started sleeping and laying much closer to my stomach, but I don't think he knows for sure what is going on just yet. He's happy as long as he still gets to sleep with us!
Since Ryder was still sick last weekend we skipped his swim lesson (which I hated to miss) but as we were all feeling much better, I decided to get in with him this time. I always take baths with Ryder so I tried to use that as my motive to get him in the pool. I kept telling him that it was a big bathtub, and at first he didn't like sitting on the edge at all, but after I got in with him, he realized the water wasn't so bad. I really liked the swim instructor we had this week and she explained that she likes to get the kids used to the side of the pool so that as they get older and learn to swim out further, that they will still remember to use their early training and swim back to the side of the pool if they get to a point that they don't feel comfortable with rather than being scared and panicking. We used our arms to reach and pull and then we did a few excercises to learn getting in and out of the water. Each time I was afraid that as Ryder got out of the water that he wouldn't want to get back in, so I started just keeping him in the water and we floated around and I let him kick around. He still wasn't much of a fan of the pool, but we have one more lesson to go so I am hoping by then he will be even more aquainted with the water and not so scared.
By this point he had enough of the pool and started calling for his Daddy to come rescue him, so we knew it was time to get out. I didn't want to push him more than he was willing to do, so heres to hoping he will do better and better the more we get him acclimated to the water. Since we don't have a neighborhood pool, we are planning to use the public pool in our town. You actually have to pay a few dollars to use the facilities but it's a really cute pool with a swim pad and water spray areas that I think we will get our use out of this summer. Scot still has hopes of using the backyard as a baby pool setup, but I am looking more forward to the public pool, especially the bigger I get ha!
After our swim lesson, we got showered and dressed and had a surprise birthday to attend for my brothers 30th birthday. He and his wife moved from Charlotte to Greenville, SC recently and so we were going to attend the birthday celebration and to see their new home. On the way there we couldn't resist stopping at the large outdoor outlet mall to look for a few things for Ryder and Brynley. We didn't have much success with Ryder, but I did find a few cute sleepers for Brynley. I am so excited to get more and more girly things. I forgot the overwhelming feeling you get when you first start to buy clothes, because you have to try to think about what size they will be in when they are wearing things for each season, and as much as I wanted this cute easter bunny dress, I fought the urge to get it because she wouldn't get to wear it for another year after she was born! We made it to Greenville and were there in time to get ready for my brothers grand entrance.
He was very surprised and happy to see everyone, including his Ryder bug that he loves. My brother is so good with toddlers and I can't wait for he and my sister in law to start having babies! Ryder is very smitten with Eric too, and he was very happy to see him and hang out with him.
It was cute to see Ryder interact with the other kids at the party, and another mom had thought to bring a bubble machine which was a big hit! Seeing Ryder do so well with other kids really made me excited at the thought of him having a baby sister that he can grow up with and entertain one another with. I know that they will be almost 3 years apart, but I think it will be a good age difference and I am praying that they will love one another and be friends rather than enemies. It makes my heart swell just knowing that Ryder will be such a good, loving big brother, and he already talks about baby sister with affection.
Happy 30th Birthday Eric!! We love you and toast to you and pray for great things in your thirties!!
What better way to celebrate than with a turtle cookie cake! My brother loves turtles so of course he had to have a turtle on his cake. Ryder was a big fan and so was Brynley ha!
My sister in law did such a good job of hosting and throwing a pary together just days after moving into their new home, and we had a great time celebrating. The weekend passed by as quickly as it came, but it was a fun weekend and not only did we spend it doing fun things as a family, but we also got so much done at the house to make more room for the baby. We finished Ryders closet and got a few more loads of things to either save for my brother when he has kids, or to give to Goodwill. I hung the rest of the things that people had either given to me for Brynley, or the things that I got her, and it was so cute to see all of the dresses and pink things fill the closet. Ryder started to show a few signs of jealousy and made sure to show me his clothes that were hanging in his closet too. I get a little sad knowing that the attention he has had the past 2 years will soon come to a halt, but I will always try to still keep him very much included so that he doesn't get the feeling of being replaced with a new baby. It is just another stage in this life that we will adjust to and this too shall pass. Happy Monday ya'll!
















No comments:
Post a Comment