After our pancake breakfast, I had been promising Ryder that we would go see the baby chicks that hatched at the Bradford Store farm. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the trip there that we made right after breakfast, so I only had my camera phone to take a picture with. It was very dark in the barn, but the man was so sweet that let Ryder pet the baby chicks, and it was all Ryder could talk about for the rest of the day. He really does love animals and I think that he will enjoy a petting zoo and the pumpkin patch more this year now that he is less afraid of the animals. Scot unfortunately does not share this same passion, so he wasn't quite so sure about petting any baby chicks haha! Afterwards, we went inside the store to get some fresh produce. I am LOVING that the Spring is here, and with it comes lots of fresh produce fresh off the farm! We still want to take Ryder strawberry picking in another month when they are in season, and I think he will really love it. Last year he loved picking tomatoes in my moms tomato garden, and we had to teach him not to pull the green ones.
I just love this time of year as it starts to get warmer and all of the flowers start to bloom, and it also makes me realize just how much quicker this pregnancy is going. In a way that scares me, but I think we are much more prepared this time and have most of everything we need, minus her bedding and decorations for the nursery. Speaking of the nursery, we did finish rearranging everything and now her nursery only holds her crib and the rocking chair that Scot freshly painted in a coat of white to match her crib. I love that she now has a place to hold all of her things and I love that we can now focus on all of the cute girly details like her clothes and ruffle bottom diaper covers, and leg socks and cute flower headbands and so much more.
We got home and apparantly I was overcome with a craving for squash, so I made a big pot of cooked squash and onions, and Ryder helped himself to more than his weight in watermelon. I am also starting to have major cravings for tomatoes, just like I did with Ryder, so everyone got their fresh fruits and veggies cravings satisfied, including Scot who has been on a major eating healthy kick. I can't say that I have followed as good of a workout and eating healthy kick as I did when I was pregnant before, but this past weekend of eating better and fresher foods really kicked my motivation to try into high gear. Speaking of Spring, I only have one more day until my Spring break begins, and I am off the rest of the week. We are planning to go to my Grannie's beach house for a long weekend to celebrate Easter together, and I am sure we will stock up on more fresh produce on our drive there, as there are plenty of little farmside stands along the country roads we take to get to the beach. Hope ya'll are having a good week so far!

No comments:
Post a Comment