Friday, April 1, 2011

Making Room for Brynley

Happy April Fools! I wish I had thought of a funny joke to tell or a prank to pull today, but as I've been battling this cold and sinus infection all week, the only thing I had on my mind was resting today and making a date with my Dr to get an antibiotic. Back from my Dr appt, I thought it was time I showed you what I've been up to the past few days and our plans to expand. (okay Scot gets ALL of the credit here since he was the one who moved everything, but I still had to throw in "we" since I am behind the plan too ha!
 This is our sweet little girls crib that she will be sleeping in one day soon, and in order to make the nursery, we are having to kick Scot out of his office that he works from home in. Right now it is made to look like a serenity surfing/oceanic feel but we will soon be changing that to a girly princess haven. Sorry babe! I LOVE the crib and can't wait to soon put it together and start planning the nursery and looking at bedding and decorations. Having a girl is just pure bliss and I am so blessed to get to decorate for a sweet little girl!
 But first things first, before any of the fun stuff can be done, Scot first had to pull everything out of the attic that currently stores all of our seasonal decorations, all of Ryders toys and baby things, Scot and my changes of seasons for clothes in many color coordinated tubs and bins, and a LOT of odds and ends that we had collected over the years. I left all the heavy lifting to him, and he filled each of the rooms upstairs with all of our attic belongings. It was funny to see some of the things that I had forgotten about, and Ryder especially loved having so many things to get into.
 Yes there were a LOT of things for him to get into. I knew I wouldn't be needing that ab roller or any of my non-maternity clothes anytime soon, so away they went to the very back of the attic and we went through and narrowed down some of Ryders things that we either were keeping, tossing, or giving away. We had to make room for the daybed mattresses that currently reside in Ryders room, as we will no longer be using up space in his big room, and can eventually make his room more of a play room and bedroom paradise for a little boy. We still have all of his nursery bedding and decorations but I am still undecisive about when we will upgrade to a big boy bedding and theme. For now he is barely two and is sleeping in his toddler bed just fine. I would rather wait to make that project at a time when we don't have so many other changes and expenses going on, and can focus on just him and what he may like at the time.
As you can see we have our hands full with rearranging and making room for baby Brynley, but hopefully we can get a bulk of it done this weekend (and I owe all of the help to Scot again). I am very fortunate to have a very helpful and organized husband. At the moment I am feeling very weak and battling this yucky cold that I just wish would go away! Luckily Scot and Ryder both seem to be feeling much better and I am hoping in a day or so my medicine will kick in so I too can start feeling better and be more helpful! Stay tuned for more Making Room updates and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment