Monday, March 28, 2011

A Birthday and Swim Lessons

 On Friday we celebrated my 28th birthday at our house, and I was having a craving for Sonny's BBQ so thats what we had, along with funfetti cake that I requested my mom to make. It seems that this pregnancy I have craved things that I always loved as a child, so maybe in some ways I am regressing ha! It was a beautiful sunny day, although a bit chilly, but I wanted to get a picture with my sweet boy next to the tulips we had planted. We have all been battling a cold the past two weeks and I just can't wait for Spring to get here and all of the sick germs to go away!
 My mom and stepdad surprised me with a lot of cute smocked dresses as well as a pair of Christmas bloomers and a lot of my dresses I wore as a baby. I loved seeing all of the cute girly clothes and was excited to hang them up, as it seemed to make it more real that we are having a girl. I think Scot still gets nervous about buying too many pink things, but I keep trying to assure him that they saw "equal marks" on the ultrasound, and I just know that we are having a girl.
 Ryder helped me blow out my birthday candles and of course he wanted some birthday cake. He just loves when its someones birthday because he loves to sing Happy Birthday and he loves cake as much as his mommy! I had a very good birthday, and also happened to have the day off so I spent the morning getting my hair done, and then I picked Ryder up from daycare and we hung out until my parents came over. The older you get, the less exciting birthdays seem to be, but this year it wasn't about going out or having big plans, I just wanted to hang out with my family and eat cake haha.

 Saturday morning was Ryders first swim lesson at the local YMCA. He loves bath time but is not a fan of pools or the ocean, so we are just trying to get him acclimated to the water so he isn't so afraid. When we signed him up for lessons, we didn't realize the parents went in the pool too, but thank goodness Scot had brought his swim suit just in case! Ryder was the only one in the class that cried, and he just wouldn't go in, no matter how hard Scot tried to persuade him. Finally I just told Scot to grab him and make him go in. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not, but it seemed to do the trick because shortly after going in the water, Ryder seemed to relax. He still wasn't a fan of the kicking or splashing, but his favorite part was jumping up and down with Daddy. We will have another 3 Saturdays of lessons, so I am hoping he will continue to do better and not be so afraid! I am also planning to go in with him next weekend to see if I can do any better in the water with him than Scot.

 We finally got a smile! I couldn't figure out the settings on my camera because the indoor pool was so dark, so thats why these pictures came out so weird. Oh well, better luck this weekend!

 After the swim lessons, we let Ryder play at the kiddie pool with the big frog slide. I think this was Ryders favorite part, although he didn't like the slide very much! I think by this point we were all ready to get dried off and changed into our clothes to go home.

 Later that day my mom and stepdad watched Ryder for us so that we could get a few things at Bed Bath and Beyond that needed replacing, as well as some things we wanted to get with our birthday money. I found a very cute white purse I wanted, and Scot had found some good deals on his clothes so we were both happy! Afterwards I dropped off some things to be monogrammed and we made it official that the baby name we picked is Brynley. We just have to come up with a middle name, but I loved how the bibs turned out, and of course I had to have a hat made for Ryder too! I hope ya'll had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday!!

    Love the smocked dresses! Love the name you picked out for your baby girl!

    I need to put my kids in swimming lessons sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete