Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Best Birthday Gift of all

 Monday was Scot's actual birthday, and the last year of celebrating his 30's. It had been a special weekend having his family here to celebrate with him, and to spend some much needed time with Ryder. There's something about babies and toddlers that just brings a smile to your heart and tends to heal you when you're broken. I think he was just the medicine that Scots aunt and uncle needed after their son had passed away suddenly this past December. Once they had left and it was just Scots parents still staying with us, his mom announced that she wanted to do something for her new grandbaby that was on the way. She wanted to take us to Babies R Us for anything that we thought we could use. Our first thought was that we would need another crib since Ryder is still using his in the toddler-bed transformation. My next thought was that I wanted white if it was a girl, and the only way to find out what we were having was to wait a few months down the road once my OBGYN would take the gender ultrasound, or to go to a 3D 4D ultrasound place that had been recommended to me by my previous OBGYN. We went with the second option since we were all anxious to know, and my mother in law made sure that I would be okay to find out, and not be disappointed either way. Being only 13 weeks along, we really weren't even sure what the results would be since it may even have been too early to tell, but I had faith in Roxanne, my previous ultrasound tech who had since moved on and opened her own 3D 4D ultrasound business. Afterall, she had predicted that Ryder was a boy at one of my first ultrasounds when I was a mere 10 weeks along!
 Right away I was so happy that I had suggested going to see Roxanne and just loved the special one on one interaction that she gave me, which I am sure she is the same way to each and everyone of her patients. She gets just as excited about each pregnancy as I have been, and is right there the whole way to point out all of the details and spend time answering any questions and just making you feel like you matter. This was the first picture she got of our sweet baby G, on 2D first before moving on to the 3D action. Just seeing that sweet face made me light up and smile and I just can't express how blessed I feel!
 Once the 3D ultrasound came up, our little baby was turned to the side, showing the back and being somewhat bashful. It was so cute and we couldn't believe how developed our sweet babe was, and how clear the arms and legs and body were to be able to tell what we were even looking at!
 Our sweet baby was in there dancing away and was very active, much more active than I remembered Ryder being, as if having a party in my womb! I loved just being able to watch and thinking how much I already loved our baby no matter if we were having another boy or a girl.



After getting a lot of great pictures and video, Roxanne moved down to our babies legs and right away she pointed to the equal marks that meant we were having a GIRL!!!!!!!!!! Scot still didn't believe it, because he so badly wanted his little baby girl, but I had a feeling this whole pregnancy that I was pregnant with our baby girl, especially the way I had such different morning sickness and the fact that I had been so hormonal lately. It was definitely the best birthday gift that Scot could ask for, and I think he's still in shock that we are having a girl. In a few more weeks we will have another ultrasound to be sure, but Roxanne was 97% sure and she's been right with so many pregnancies that I think she's pretty special. We did go to Babies R Us afterwards and ordered the cutest white crib that I can just see holding my sweet princess in. I can't wait to start working on all of the girly nursey details and will be posting some ideas soon!

I was so touched from our great news that I had to post it on Facebook after telling my family and included one of my favorite bible versus that summed up the way I was feeling afterwards.

Psalms 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart"

No comments:

Post a Comment