Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Bump: 12 Weeks!

Date: March 7th, 2011
How Far Along: 12 weeks
Size of the Baby: a lime
Maternity Clothes: I did put on a pair of maternity pants but they were still too big, so I am sqeezing in all non maternity pants and able to wear shirts and dresses in non maternity still. It's only a matter of time and I am ready to start showing more. I can tell this week that my pooch seems to have grown and I love it! I think my belly popped this week but it looked bigger in this picture because I had yoga pants on instead of the work pants I had worn to work because by the time we took this picture Mama was tired and the pants I had on were about to pop haha!
Gender: too early to tell, but I have a suspiscion that it's a girl based on my cravings and morning sickness. We did buy a gender predictor test at Walgreens and I took it this past Friday and it said I was having a BOY but I'm not sure how accurate the test was because we read reviews online and the ratings on how well the test worked were all over the place. Some had girls that had predicted boys, and some had boys that predicted girls, so we will know at the next ultrasound to be sure. It was more for fun than anything and either way I am already head over heels in love with my new baby.
Movement: I swear I felt bubbles swishing around a few nights ago so I'm sure it won't be long either
Sleep: sleeping good except for some tossing and turning, but not having to get up to pee until normal morning wake up time anymore so that has been nice
Cravings/Aversions: fruit, cake, smoothies, and cheese. I like bagels with cream cheese for breakfast which usually fills me up and gets rid of any morning sickness. I have had a good week of no morning sickness, or it was better than the past month at least. I seem to be craving sweets a lot though, so I caved in to my craving and this was an after lunch treat at red mango yogurt. YUMMY! I also went to the grocery store and had a strange craving for gummy worms, blow pop suckers, and jello cherry cheesecake. I definitely seem to be craving more sweets this time!

Mood: still some moodiness going on, but it seems to be getting better. I think I am coming to terms with my moodswings and Scot has been better this week with handling this hormone city mama!Symptoms: I've still been tired this past week but I'm starting to get a little more energy. My patience at work and the normal things that never used to bother me so quickly get under my skin and it seems like Scot pushes my buttons much quicker than normal. ie: I can't handle ANY teasing right now from him about ANYTHING or the green monster in me comes out haha! I still have these enormous breasts that ache, but they aren't so bad as long as I have a bra on. Other than that, I am just thankful that my morning sickness and nausea have let up and I have my appetite back (which I never think I fully lost, I'm just able to open the fridge without wanting to run to the bathroom now). I did get a crazy foot cramp last night that I thought would never go away. Somehow I seemed to have forgotten those when I was pregnant with Ryder but it all came running back!
Highlights this week: thinking that I felt my baby "fluttering" a few times this week
Husband-isms: there has been a lot of button pushing this week but that could be that I literally can't stand any teasing in any form what so ever right now. Including the jabs that I bought a half gallon of milk instead of a gallon and it was mentioned about 5 times, even though I explained that they didn't have any gallons of Horizon organic milk when I was at the grocery store and I knew we would be out getting more groceries anyways. Again, I literally can't take ANY teasing AT ALL. Scot did make up for it by giving a shoulder rub last night though after I had gone through most of the day at work with a muscle spasm in my neck.
Weird Dreams: still nothing weird that I can remember this week
What I Miss: nothing really, but it did make me a little sad to finish putting all of my non-maternity clothes and bras away in the attic for now. I also passed a cute swimsuit store and it made me sad to think I won't be fitting into any cute bikinis for awhile the rate that I am growing. I'm still trying to come to terms with the weight gain, but it's hard. Some women love their full prego bodies. Not this one, and I know that sounds awful, but I'm just being honest. I haven't done a thing to help though, by not going to the gym the past 3 months so I really shouldn't be complaining, but I will say that I hope that as my 2nd trimester nears that I will get more energy to actually feel like going to the gym soon so I can at least look cute pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment