Monday, January 2, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Happy New Year Ya'll!
  • I wrote 2012 for the first time yesterday, as I was marking Brynley's freezer bag of breast milk and it just seemed weird. I'm always like that at first though, but by the end of the week I'll get the hang of it!
  • Before I get into our New Years Eve though, here are some pictures from our weekend. We wanted to get out of the house and get some fresh air while we could, before we get the crazy cold weather that's headed our way this week.
  • We took Ryder and Brynley to Dan Nicholas Park for an afternoon of fun
  • I'm weird when it comes to playgrounds and germs
  • I never used to be this way, and never thought twice about all of the germs that a playground or park carried, but I guess now that I'm a mommy to two, it comes with the territory ha!

  • I know, I look a hot mess here, but I was just trying to stay warm ha!
  •  We went around 3 in the afternoon, not knowing this was also when they gave the animals their dinner before closing them up for the night. Seemed like an early dinner to me, but what do I know ha!
  •  I got so excited about seeing a Bobcat to take a picture, that when I did, I forgot to put Brynley's stroller brakes on and before I knew it, her stroller started rolling right towards the Bears den!
  • Scot came running to the rescue and then it was safe to say I only took this last picture of the deer
  •  We lounged for most of the weekend following all of the grazing we did over Christmas Eve, Christmas, the days after Christmas, and New Years Eve.
  • Lounging with my loved ones, nothing's better!
  • After setting up my camera and playing with the self-timer, this was about the 20th picture.
  • Ryder had a fit about wearing a Happy New Year hat
  • Scot and I took turns jiggling Brynley so she wouldn't fuss
  • There was smoke from the kitchen from where Scot had dropped the heavy pan containing our ham to accompay the New Years Eve/day feast we were going to have for dinner, and the juice sloshed out everywhere down to the bottom of the oven
  • But in the end, I was happy with these pictures to show our New Years Eve night
  • And the food came out fine, but we gave the oven a good self clean for the new year
  •  On the Menu:
  •  Ham, Spicy Black-eye peas with bacon, Homeade Au Gratin Potatoes, and Apple Cider Vinegar collard greens to go with the buttermilk cornbread I made. Yum!
  • Beans and Greens, That's how we do it around here, eating foods for good luck on both New Years Eve and New Years Day..
  • Let's just say that our luck has already rubbed off, because Scot ended up winning his fantasy football league last night and got to keep $700 in winnings! (Need I remind ya'll of the fantasy football draft weekend and my false labor?)
  • Not a bad start to our new year. Paying some bills and a little leftover for a family dinner to celebrate!


  • And to carry on the tradition, we played Wii for hours on end. In fact, I'd like to say my neck and shoulder injury came from something cool like a snowboard accident, but in fact it came from an overzealous gane of trying to knock my opponet off their block and into the water during my turn.
  • But it was well worth it for the fun we had on New Years Eve.
  • I did forget to mention that Scot and I did get to enjoy a kids-free night over the past week. We went to dinner at Dresslers and dined on steak, yummy sides, wine, and chocolate cheesecake for dessert. As always, I missed my babies but it was so nice to sleep!
  • I made it to the gym this morning because of all the eating I've done over the past week, and had to park in the overflow lot it was so crowded! I just have to remind myself that most people will lose their motivation and it won't be nearly as crowded by February. I did get a free protein shake so it made it all better ha!
  • I'm so glad the new year has started and we can start to get back to our daily routines. Ryder starts back at his preschool tomorrow and I start back at my MOPS meeting this Thursday, both I can't wait for. I went ahead and made out our "Activities and Crafts calender for January and can't wait to get Ryder back on track with his shapes, colors, and numbers.
  • We are also planning to attend the same Baptist church that we attended the week before Christmas, and I'm looking very forward to! I need church for my soul. I read the word, and I try to live out the word as a christian, but I still need to go to church to get the most out of my faith that I can.
  • It's been great having a lot of family time, but I'm also ready to get back to some structure around here! We've had a lot of tantrums here lately and I'm blaming it on the sugar and no naps!
  • What are your New Year resolutions or goals?

1 comment:

  1. I havent made any resolutions this year. I made a 31 things to do while 31 list so I am focusing on that! Love the family picture. Such a beautiful family and your New Year's dinner looks INCREDIBLE!! Maybe that should be my resolution. To cook better!

    ReplyDelete