Brynley,
You are Twenty weeks today! Twenty! How did we get here already?
I plan to put together an album or scrapbook, or photo book of each week, which is why amazingly I've kept up and remembered to take your picture each and every week. I'm ashamed I didn't think (or have the time, as I was working full time) to do this each week with your brother. Everyone says the second child gets cheated out of pictures and baby albums being finished, and that my dear, just isn't the case with you!
Dare I say, you are becoming a chill baby and love to be on the go! I am hoping that this great stride of a month of being 4 months won't wear off and you start reverting back to my fussy girl we all know and love (still). The only difference aside from your obvious weight gain, growth in length, and personality change has been that you don't love having your picture taken quite like you used to. I have to get more and more creative each time I take your picture, even trying with my camera phone instead. We just got you a few new jammies to wear, as you were fussing more and more before refusing to be put in the sleep sack any longer! Unlike Ryder who loved them until the day we started him in footy jammies, you have put up a fuss since the day we pretty much put you in them. I have to say though, you look awful cute in your new pajamas :) We had also started weaning you from your swaddle blankets for naps and night time, but decided you just weren't ready for all that change yet, and the fussing stopped once you were able to freely move your legs and feet around in the new jammies!
You have also really started liking sitting in the highchair more and more each day, so I am able to unload the dishwasher or get dinner started for a moment and you can see what's going on too! Ryder made this cute noisemaker and you were desperate to hold it so I let you check it out for a minute too.I've started trying to switch your toys out for new ones each week, but I admit I get lazy sometimes and don't run upstairs to your nusery to get them out of your pink toy chest like I should! I realized you were getting bored with the same things (other than your Sophie giraffe) so I got some new things out to play with and you were very happy about some change of scenery! Ryder was also happy and wanted to play with this new tea set you got for Christmas too! We've enjoyed such nice weather for January lately, so I've been letting you take your socks off to feel different tactile sensations and you love it! I just don't think you like being contained much ha! I love seeing those sweet baby toes and feet though.
Though I think you're still teething, as you always have a hand to suck on, I haven't felt any teeth just yet! Thankfully you aren't as fussy about the teething as you've been lately though. Mommy just prayed over you each day that you wouldn't be in pain and to let your teeth and gums free you from any discomfort, as you seemed like you were in so much pain! Power of Prayer thank goodness!
I asked your Daddy to take a picture of us playing together on the couch. One of your favorite things to do is to stand on my legs and "get me" by opening your mouth and giving kisses.
It cracks me up every single time and I don't mind being the receiver of all that baby slobber haha! I just love me some of your baby kisses and hope that you will always be this sweet.
I've also struggled with putting you down for naps in your crib or pack n play rather than your swing. You do fine in them both, but seem to get much better sleep in the swing. I figure you're still small enough so why change when you love it so much. I always have your Mozart music playing in the background from your sound machine and you seem to love it! You had been playing with your Lovey and got sleepy, so I hated to pry it away to put you down for your nap. Nothing gets much cuter!
You are just the sweetest baby and I swear I hear you say "Umma" or "Daa", but I know I'm probably just wanting to hear mine and Daddy's names so badly ha! You have become quite the little stinker when it comes to getting you dressed now, and I feel like I'm battling with your legs and feet each and everytime. Getting socks or tights on you is probably the.worst! I just love this expression because you were "Gooing" at me and trying to tell me something, but then started laughing shortly after.And as always, pulling things up and over your head like a silly girl! You still love your Sophie giraffe and she makes your teeth feel better to chew on. Thank you Nana :)
I just don't know where the time is flying, and that you will be 5 months old in just two weeks! I love you dearly and love just how alert you have become. Happy 20 Weeks baby girl.
Love,
Mommy
I can't believe she is 20 weeks already! She is so cute, I love that picture of her sleeping. Nothing is sweeter than a sleeping baby all cuddled up. And baby kisses are amazing, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteShe is so sweet! Totally makes me want a girl next!
ReplyDeleteOk, this is embarassing but I look to your posts to remind me how many weeks Sula is!! I always knew with Colt. I try to always take a picture with Sula but sometimes forget or like this week she was sick so I just didnt.
ReplyDeleteThey are growing too fast!!
Oh my gosh... I cannot believe Brynley is already this old! The kids are adorable and you look fantastic!I need to stop by your blog more often... take care! :)
ReplyDelete