Bryn Bryn,
My oh my the past month has sure been a challenge for all of us and Mommy has prayed more often than I can count, to take the pains from your teething away! It makes me sad to see you in so much discomfort, and we have definitely all lost sleep over the past few weeks. But I think we are finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel because ironically enough, you slept through the night last night! Here's what you've been up to the past month my sweet baby girl.
Date:
January 13, 2012
Age:
Four Months
One Month vs Four Months
(Yes we were doing laundry and your crib mattress sheet was in the dryer..oops!)
Weight:
12lbs 7.5oz (gained 2, almost 3 lbs, since two month well visit) in the 50th%
To look back, at 4 months Ryder was 14 lbs and 15oz.
I was 15 lbs 8oz at 4 months.
Height:
24 1/2 inches long (2 inches longer than at 2 month well visit) and in the 50%
Again, looking at Ryder at 4 months, he was 25 and 3/4 inches long.
I was 25 and 1/2 inches long
Head:
35 1/2"
At 4 months, Ryder was 41& 1/2 inches
Clothes:
After the crazy long month of growth spurts and teething, you sure have a lot to show for it, just by looking at you in your clothes! You're now wearing 3-6 month clothing but I'm thinking it won't be long before you can even wear 6-9 depending on the brand
Diaper Size:
Size 1 Pampers Swaddlers still, but we have two packs left and will transition to Size 2 Pampers Swaddlers anyday now
Dr Appt:
We will update this after next week, but I can't wait to see Brynley's most recent measurements because she feels so much bigger and more solid now!
Eating/Favorite Foods:
Brynley, you are still loving Mommy's Boobie Milk and prefer this over formula. That is unless it's really warm and you don't seem to mind the stuff. We usually just feed the formula bottles to you during your night feedings though. I am now making it a priority to try to nurse you through the day. I am so happy to have been able to do this again, as I truly thought after your bouts with high Billirubin levels, and Mommy pumping most of the time, that nursing was a long lost dream. You are doing great at nursing, and now I can say I understand what so many moms would say "Just give it a few months and it will get so easy" (yeah right I remember thinking!) You still only want about 4 oz per feeding, so I try to pump as much off as I can to keep a supply and my hopes are to have enough milk to get you to 8 months. We'll see though, because I'm enjoying nursing you so much that I hate to stop now! I think we will hold off on any rice cereal for now, but again, we'll see what the Dr says next week
Sleeping:
Or lack thereof! The past month I think the most you slept was 4 hour long stretches! It sure has been a tough month for sleep, no thanks to teething. We continue to feed you every 3 hours through the day followed by playtime and then naps. I still try to give you your bath, which you are now spoiled and loving getting a bath with Mommy in the big bathtub! Then it's a big bottle and we aim for bedtime by 8pm. Right now Mommy and Daddy take turns each night doing the feedings, but it seems that you continue to wake no matter what we do! God must have heard our prayers though because you finally slept from 11 to 5am! However, your sleep patterns continue to change, all thanks to your teeth coming in, poor baby girl!
Playtime:
This is one of my favorite times with you, and you are so active now! You love all of your stuffed animals, squeaky toys, and the ones that light up too. I have given you your lovey that I bought for you many months ago, before I even had confirmed you were a girl, just because I had a feeling that you were. You are so sweet with it, and love to cuddle it! I have also started to let you snuggle your baby dolls and can't wait to play them with you. I have started doing peek a boo and get a lot of squeals and coos out of you! And just today I put you in the jumparoo and you were so cute! You didn't laugh, you just got really excited and played with all of the toys. Your sweet little legs are still so short, but you still seemed to enjoy it! Of course, playtime is always fun having a big brother to play with too.
Big Achievements:
At four months old, biggest achievements would be sleeping through the night, turning from your back to tummy, and also just the many ways that you take in all of your surroundings now. You have really found your voice lately and seem to coo and laugh and talk. Many times you will wake from your nap and start talking to yourself before we come and get you to feed you. I just love you so much and can't wait for the many achievements to come!
Happy FOUR MONTHS baby girl!
Love,
Mommy

How sweet! I cannot believe that she is already 4 months old! Her looks are changing so much and she is really growing too! Yay for her already rolling over, that is wonderful and sleeping through the night. I am so stinking jealous! haha!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet girl. I am loving all her outfits and pajamas. I hope her little teeth feel better soon
ReplyDeleteI cant believe its been four months!! I also cant wait to hear about the doctor's appt. I cant wait until Sula's as I am dying to know how much she has grown!
ReplyDelete