- Happy Monday!
- I know it's late, and I'm just now getting a minute to post Blonde Moment Monday, but it's been one busy day today!
- Some of the things that were included in addition to our day to day, were a meeting with a realtor to see about putting our townhome on the market. We continue to pray if this is the right decision, and after talking to the realtor, Scot and I are really unsure still if the time is right or not.
- It was also just busy in general, and it didn't help matters that Ryder was a bit cranky and uncooperative. And to think I was just bragging on him for being so sweet and following directions so well! Ha! Guess that's part of raising a three year old with a lot of stubborness and independence.
- Over the past week, I've really been working with Ryder on his letters and numbers. I use flash cards with him and I always do crafts that involve different letters. I started a notebook so that he could go back and look at some of the pages and artwork that went along with the letter he'd learned.
- My hopes are that he will retain most of the letters before starting school.
- We also have a meeting with the director of the preschool I want Ryder to get into.
- I'm happy with his current preschool, and have also been praying about this, and if it's meant for him to stay at the one he is at, or go to the preschool with a mile long waiting list.
- As I was dropping Ryder off at school last week, it was a cloudy day and out of the blue, as he and I were having a talk about whether or not he wanted to continue going to his school, he said he really liked his school and did not want to go anywhere else. About this same time, it was the weirdest thing. The sun came out of nowhere and it was as if it shone in my direction. Not for but about a minute, before disappearing back into the clouds, but it was enough to get my attention. We still have a preschool tour with this particular preschool this week, but it made me think maybe that was God giving me my answer, to keep Ryder where he's at.
- I usually let Ryder have arts and craft time during Brynley's morning nap, and on this day he told me that he was an artist. Then he went on to tell me that not only was he an artist, but a messy one!
- That silly boy, I love him so much!
- I guess you could say I've been on a mission to get our life back on track lately. When I say this, I mean for me to get back in control of our spending, eating bad, not praying together, not disciplining and following through with Ryder, and the list goes on. To go along with this, I made a chart to keep track of Ryder's nightly potty training.
- He does great during the day, and has for a long time now, but he has had a few messups during the night so we now have a reward chart that he can wake up to each morning.
- Along with this, we are trying to get Ryder to eat what we do at dinner, before running to make him a seperate meal at his request.
- I'm happy to report that after a few battles, we are on our way to success
- Like I mentioned last week, I want to enjoy the small things in life because I don't want to look back one day and realize they were the big things. We went to the YMCA soccer field, as we often do, and I got to try out a new position for Brynley in her baby carrier.
- She loved the explorer position and was so happy being able to see everything!
- Her coos and giggles were infectious and had me smiling from ear to ear, and just feeling so happy my family is complete
- And Ryder was awesome kicking the soccer ball around with Scot!
- Looks like we may have to sign him up as he turns 4 this November
- I'm feeling much better about my post baby body and feel like it really helped to start eating better meals lately too!
- I have one more month to go before our *possible* (depends on Scot making President's Club) trip to Hawaii where I will be in bikinis and sundresses..so time to step it up!
- It also helped that I was able to bring the kids to the daycare at the gym so that I don't always have to depend on Scot so much to watch them while I workout
- We had a lot of fun on playdates over the week, and Ryder was so happy to come home with a late birthday gift, this tow truck. This little guy loves his trucks!
- Brynley was a flirt when we met a friend for a lunch and playdate at Chick Fil A! She did great sitting in the highchair, and it was so nice to get out and grab a bite to eat.
- The girl will really have her pick when it comes to boys one day, considering she's the only girl out of all the babies in our playgroup and there are only a handful in our MOPS group!
- And our third playdate of the week (we don't ever normally do this many, but it was fun!)
- We went to a new girls house who is pregnant with twin boys and has a 1 year old. She's on bedrest currently so we came to her and had a great time!
- Saturday was a family day at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. As we've been many times before, even to see Thomas once, we were very disappointed to learn that the once free admission was now $20 per person and it didn't include the train rides!
- Guess it goes to show that nothing is free anymore, and if it is, then it's too good to be true
- On our way home, we gave Ryder his surprise for being so good all week by waking up dry each morning and for being so cooperative.
- Good thing, because it was a good distraction from him since he wanted to ride the train and didn't understand why we were leaving. We are still really trying to stick to our budget!
- We went to church Sunday and I was so proud of Ryder and Brynley for doing so well in the nursery and kids area. In fact they did so well, that Scot and I went on to Sunday School and it motivated me to come home and continue reading from my Bible in a Year challenge I'd started months before.
- After church, Scot wanted to take advantage of such beautiful weather so he and Ryder went outside to "fly" the styrafoam airplane they'd gotten at Hobby Lobby.
- I love that he wanted to get it and put it together with Ryder as he'd done with his own father growing up. I can't wait for the days when I can do girly things with Brynley too!
- For the most part we were good about sticking to our budget, and healthy meals and discipline, but I did get these Valentines Day cards for Ryder's upcoming Valentines Day Party. They had a lot to choose from and I was proud of Ryder for choosing the Veggie Tales cards! I also saw this workbook on numbers so we will be doing some of these this week to start learning numbers.
- As usual, I rambled on about our past weekend, but I guess most days that tends to be where my randomness is at!
- I hope that your week is off to a good start :)
You look great mama! Hawaii is definitely a reason to keep up your good work!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! And Hawaii is such a beautiful place - fingers crossed that you guys get to go there :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've been really busy around your neck of the woods. That's good news about the preschool and that Ryder is feeling settled about where he is... hopefully you guys can make a clear, easy decision between the two and it'll be obvious which is the right place!
You look great! I just found a fab ab February routine I am going to do to work on my abs! Brynley is getting so big! Its hard to believe.
ReplyDelete