Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

1.Organic Vanilla Soy Milk
I used to always get a dirty soy chai latte at Starbucks, but just recently started drinking soy milk too! Ryder is a fan too, and it's so good for me. I'm not really a big milk drinker, so I enjoy it in my cereal or coffee too.
    2.Skinnytaste.com
    A really great website with lots of yummy recipes with half the fat or more!
    Here is the recipe for their Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries & Bananas- SO GOOD!
     And here is another really yummy recipe from skinnytaste.com for their Stuffed Cabbage Casserole. OMG it's soo GOOD and hard to believe it's good for me because it's so yummy! Scot even had like 3 helpings the other night and even the leftovers were good. I'm sure you could also use veggie burger crumbles but I used very lean ground beef.
    This will definitely be a weekly staple from now on in our house!
    3. The Jesus Calling App for my iPhone
    I have just recently been able to have some quiet time before the kids wake up each morning, and downloaded the Jesus Calling App because I had heard such great things about this devotional. It truly spoke to me and I feel so much better when I start my day out with God.
    4. Organic Cliff Kidz Bars
    These are so tasty and I'm always on the hunt for nutritious bars for Ryder to snack on. His favorite are the chocolate chip, but I have to admit my faves are the Iced Oatmeal YUM!
    5. 7th Generation Laundry and Dishwasher Detergent
    After getting pregnant with Ryder, I was way more sensitive to fragrances and chemicals, so I altered the way I used soaps, cleaners, and even perfumes! They almost make me sick now so it was no brainer that I wanted to change the way we do laundry and dishes too. I started thinking if these chemicals made me feel this way, imagine the things they were doing to my body too! I have been so happy with the 7th Generation brands, and I'm now considering switching Brynley's diapers to their brand too!
    6. Philips Advent Bottle Warmer
    This has been a life saver with both Ryder when he was a baby, and now with Brynley too! What can I say? Both of my babies are high maintenence and like their bottles warm. We even went so far as to buy a plug that goes in the cigerette lighter of our car so that it warms the bottle in this warmer while on the go. I wish I could just go for it and nurse in public, but my car is about as daring as I get ha!
    7. Medela Quick Clean Breast Pump & Accessory Wipes
    These have been a life saver as well if I'm in a hurry and need a quick wipe down before steam sterilizing the parts or if I'm rushing out and need to clean the parts before using them again.
    Happy Friday!


3 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, sorry I haven't been able to read your blog lately! I feel SO out of the loop, once again! Things have been very hectic at nights whenever I come home from work.

    That oatmeal looks delish as well as the cabbage casserole! I will have to try both of these out! I cannot wait to read through your blog and see what y'all have been up to lately =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipes. I will have to try them out, and I'll have to download the Jesus Calling app too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Skinnytaste! I have that bakes oatmeal recipe pinned so I'm glad to see a good review. I am downloading that app right now, it seems like something I really need right now!

    ReplyDelete