Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 18 Weeks!

Yesterday Brynley turned 18 weeks old!
I love to compare her at different stages, so here she is at 6 weeks, 12 weeks, and 18 weeks! I forgot to have her wear her matching hat, but you get the picture ha! She is really filling out and getting so big and I love her chubba wubba thighs!
This week has gone much better than last, so maybe now that she's four months we will find peace again once more! She has really become such a big girl overnight almost, wanting to play and coo and talk. She loves her Daddy and he loves his Baby Girl! As you can see, he loves flying her around like an airplane.
She's so strong, just like her brother when it comes to standing and holding her head up! Ryder was walking at 9 months, so we will see if she takes after him.
My sweet girl and her lovey that I bought her and mentioned in her last post, before it was even confirmed that she was indeed a girl! I just knew and I felt God had blessed me with my baby girl!
She is so playful now and likes to grab things next to her. I will lay a few things out on her blanket to give her choices and she is so cute! Of course we are having to use her bib quite a bit these days because of all the drooling she's been doing too. We haven't had to use the orajel or baby tylenol though, and she seems to be okay on the teething front for now. But as always, the minute I say this, I'm sure she'll start again!
She seems much more intimitated by my Nikon SLR camera though, and so I have to work much harder with her to get smiles out of her if it's in my hand. This day was no exception! When she is in a good mood, she gives off so many smiles and coos, but watch out when she's not in a good mood, she'll let you know! Definitely some lungs on that girl ha! She's also very loud both when talking, cooing, laughing out loud, shrieking, and has most definitely found her voice. She lets you know when she wants to be acknowledged, or wants to be held (which is most of the time!).
She's still my rollie pollie, rolling all over the place, and most recently I have noticed Ryder trying to help her along (which I've warned him not to do because she could get hurt if she wasn't able to roll back over).


But that's just what big brothers are for right?? This may be my new favorite picture of the two of them!

Brynley's also started to roll over when I'm trying to change her which has proven to be a challenge! I do remember this with Ryder too though, and I may have to start bringing some toys for her to play with while I'm changing her. Look at those juicy baby legs :)



She seems to have really grown lately, and so we took out the head positioner in her carseat, and I added her play bar. I had it up before but she didn't seem too interested in it, but she now loves playing with it and pulling on the dangling bugs. It makes the car ride to drop Ryder off at preschool much easier now, as she used to cry the entire way there and back. At least now she only cries a few minutes while we're just sitting in the dropoff line to dropoff or pickup. And I'm sure Ryder's teachers just love when we pull up and they hear a screaming baby each and everytime ha!

We've had the jumparoo downstairs just waiting to be used for awhile now, but I was desperate to finish folding laundry and putting it away one day, so I put her in it just for a second to see, and came out to smiles! Looks like we have yet another play activity to entertain her now! Her attention span is only a few minutes and then it's Miss Fuss A lot! But while she's being entertained she is the cutest ever!

 I love her baby legs but have yet to really put her in them because they seemed so big on her, but after trying them on her, they seem to fit now! She does kind of look like a 1980's jazzerciser though ha!
I couldn't resist this one of her either, looking so big on the couch! And yes it's covered in her drool as you can see. So far it's been a great week, busy, but I'm so glad she seems to be waking for the midnight feeding and then falling asleep for the rest of the night until her 5am feeding. It's been hit or miss to as her going back down for me again, but I'll take this anyday over the 2-3 hours of sleep we've been getting!
Happy 18 Weeks Brynley Bug!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 18 weeks Brynley! Can you give your mama more sleep please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colt didnt walk until he was 14 months but I just have a feeling Sula is going to be much quicker based on how she is holding her hand up and standing. And we have so many of the same things: same bouncy; pack and play; carseat playbar; and even the "diamond" Brynley is playing with. So cool!

    ReplyDelete