Monday, January 16, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Happy Monday Ya'll!
  • How was your weekend??
  • Ours was a bit non-eventful but sometimes those are some of the best kind!
  • Oh who am I kidding? We were all exhausted by yet another sleep deprived curve ball thrown by no other than Miss Brynley herself, which caused for us all wanting to stay in our jammies for the remainder of the weekend.
  • I feel like this post should be more of a confessions post about all of the things I'm feeling convicted with rather than a Blonde Moment Randoms type post, but that's no fun is it ha!
  • Lately I feel like I have posted a lot of pictures of Brynley, so I wanted to post some of Ryder and what his cute self has been up to lately!
  • He is truly a sweet boy and has the biggest heart (I'd like to think he takes after Moi, but I know Scot has a sweet heart too..)
  • I am so proud of him because he really knows most of his letters and is starting to recognize numbers too! We had a really good Dr appt today at the Pediatrician for his 3 year well visit.
  • The boy is still right in the 50th percentile for weight and height, and he's finally up to 31 lbs
  • But a solid 31 lbs at that ha! The funniest thing was as the Dr was asking Ryder if he liked broccoli he shook his head yes, and then she named off a few other vegetables that he nodded yes to. But then when she asked about chicken he made a face and stuck out his tongue and said "No!"
  • But then he redeemed himself when he mentioned just how much he loved edamame
  • I am so proud of the way that he is so gentle with his baby sister and loves her dearly
  • Some of the funny things he says and does, gets me laughing just thinking about it!
  • Some of the things: "Reindeer the Red Nose", in reference to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, "Mommy hold you", he runs in our bedroom as we are trying to settle Brynley for the night and says "Mommy, Brynley's crying" (yes sweetie, we are all well aware of this fact ha!),

  • He also loves to show off and do tricks!
  • All boy, that's for sure!
  • He's always doing something to get us to laugh, and this day was no exception!
  • And speaking of Ryder, we got a mattress and box springs to turn his toddler to a real bed in hopes to have him sleep better so he will stop coming downstairs to get in bed with us.
  • An improvement from sleeping on his baby mattress on the floor in our room the months following Brynley's arrival, but still!
  • He loved it!
  • And has since done very well in his big bed
  • Ya'll may remember back at Christmas, my gift at our MOPS gift exchange, was this homeade laundry detergent. I was skeptical at first but I am a fan and love the way it smells!
  • I haven't made a batch yet, I'm waiting to use it all first, but thought I'd share the recipe

  • You may also remember back in March last year when we signed Ryder up for swim lessons. It didn't go quite the way we'd planned, but he truly loves the water now when he's taking a bath so we thought we'd let him try swimming at the YMCA pool again.

  • I think it goes without saying that he enjoyed it much more this year! We had a fun Saturday letting Ryder get some energy out at the pool, and then taking turns going down the Froggy slide. He still seemed so much bigger than some of the babies that were swimming. Literally swimming laps around him, but he'll get there eventually.
  • It's just another reason I'm blessed to be able to stay home now and take Ryder to the splash pad and lake this summer to give him practice
  • This was the most action we had all weekend, if you don't count the trip I made to Duncan Doughnuts for a doughnut run Sunday afternoon.
  • I'm guilty of eating three myself! So much for being good all week long. The weekend alone I ate my share of a large thin crust veggie pizza, and snacked on much more than I am willing to admit.
  • But at least I went to the gym 4 days this week
  • I'm also guilty of reading other blogs and advice from Mommy websites and feeling bad about my own daughter's regressing sleep and crankiness and flatout wondering what I'm doing wrong that she isn't sleeping well anymore.
  • How can I be so pumped up and motivated to go to the gym, eat healthy, attend church, pray with my husband, be a fantastic mom and wife, vow not to argue with my husband, vow to be patient and not lose my temper during one of Ryder's many tantrums, reading and spending more time in God's word, watching less tv and internet, and overall just be a good christian one minute, but then the next, blowing it all?
  • I guess it's called being a human with sin and not having much sleep
  • Thank you Jesus for taking these sins and so many more away for me
  • Here's to doing better this week and weekend!
  • Maybe I just need a good cry!
  • I'm going out for a girls night tonight with some of my mommy friends I've met through MOPS and I have almost talked myself out of going twice today. But I need it, and I know it will boost my moral and make me feel like I have somewhat of a life outside of wiping spitup and cleaning up crayons and cracker crumbs all day.
  • And who knows, maybe Brynley will perform a miracle and sleep more than 3 consecutive hours during the night tonight ha!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to my first MOPS meeting soon! I hope to meet some mommy friends and new playmates for Max.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went through countless sleepless nights with Vance. I will be praying for you. It affected the way Byron & I were with each other. We were so tired we didn't care. We are on the other side and much better now but it is hard. I will be praying for all of you. I know how much sleep is necessary to be positive, gentle with words, caring & patient. The great thing is knowing God will get you through this. You just have to lean on him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I think part of being a mom is feeling guilty. I am constantly beating myself up over losing my temper, or not doing enough with Sula or something! You are doing a GREAT job!! Hoping Brynley had a great night!

    ReplyDelete