- Hello Monday!
- How is it Monday already when I feel like we were just grabbing a pizza, beer, and the Smurfs movie to ring in the weekend just this past Friday?
- It was a pretty low key weekend for us considering when you have a wee little one and a toddler
- Gone are the date nights filled with martinis and shimmery club shirts ha!
- Though Scot and I sure had fun those kind of nights back in the clubbin' days when we met. But that's for another post!
- Penguin in hand, lunchables in the other- caught red handed!
- This little munchkin proved that he is mischevious when I heard a dinging noise coming from the kitchen, I realized it was actually the refridgerator door chiming!
- Yet he still seems to demand help turning on the bathroom light and to help go potty..
- We have been having family snuggles in bed after Brynley awakes from her morning feeding before we're really ready to call it a day. This morning was no exception, and Ryder had actually blessed us with his presence long before the sun was ready to come up, so we all 4 did what we could to fall back to sleep.
- I used to worry about Brynley rolling out of the bed, or about Ryder rolling on top of her, but I've since learned that they are both durable and are very aware of one another and seem to sleep even better together in the bed like this!
- As I mentioned above, we had a pizza, beer, and Smurfs movie kind of night on Friday, so it only made sense to bake a chocolate chess pie to complete the meal!
- It was so good and is all but gone except for one piece
- I got the recipe here from Puttin' On the GRITS blog
- If I didn't mention yet, I had a blast last week at my MOPS Girls Night Out!
- We dined on cheese and chocolate fondue and shared lots of laughs and left with lots of great advice and tips. I am so blessed to have found this group of Godly women!
- I had 3 Diet cokes with my dinner and was wired when I came home, but was happy to come home to the sounds of peace and quiet when I walked in the door. The kids were both tucked in bed and my sweet husband was lying in bed too.
- I'm a lucky gal
- I was clearing out pictures from my iPhone to get developed and happened upon this picture of Ryder
- But don't worry, I was actually the one who dropped the container of Similac on the floor on the way to the bedroom, and Ryder just begged to help by scooping the formula up. Silly boy!
- It was taken back when Scot was out of town for his business trip, and this happened after I'd given Ryder his bath and came in to dry him off and saw that he had pooped in the tub! Two big messes to clean up back to back, while I was home for the week by myself. Seeing this gave me a good chuckle as I was reminded of those days just a mere few weeks ago.
- And I'm so happy at how far we've come since then!
- And this was taken on my way to the gym
- Like I've mentioned lately, I have my quiet time each morning on my drive to the gym as I talk and pray aloud. (considering this is my only minute in the day I can get by myself these days)
- When I saw this beautiful sunrise, after a particularly long night, it was confirmation that God was right there beside me, and my hopes were that it was going to be a good day!
- More pictures off my iPhone, but Ryder likes the new Pediatrician office much better, and I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the above train table and bus!
- Need I remind you of New Years Eve circa 2009 after I'd had my dental implant surgery?
- Yup.. hydrocodone induced, but still ready to play some Wii haha!
- I met up with some friends last week and the kids played while we got to catch up
- These two are best friends and I was laughing so hard because Ryder had his first encounter kissing a little girl! She was adorable, but I was still shocked that Ryder was kissing her, and chasing her around the playground
- Ryder's friend Topher was also chasing the little girl around, so it may have been their first encounter of fighting over a girl ha!
- This was taken on our way to MOPS last week, and the entire drive from dropping Ryder off at preschool, I prayed that Brynley wouldn't fuss during the meeting!
- My prayers were answered because she did great and even slept some while we were there
- And I got to get some great tips on meal planning and saving money using coupons
- Do ya'll do coupons?
- We did for maybe a week or two but it always seemed like we would get things we didn't really use just because we had a coupon for it. Or the items we ate were healthier and we didn't need any processed items. But I'm vowing to do better!
- I've been trying to workout at least 4 times a week and get my 30 minutes of cardio in before lifting weights or doing abs. My pre pregnancy goal has pretty much been reached but I still wouldn't mind toning up and maintaining.
- This has always been my challenge..maintaining!
- Is it normal to put an infomercial on with toned bodies to motivate you to go faster on the treadmill?
- Confession: I was walking much faster but had to slow down so I could snap a picture from my phone. The whole time I was worried the man next to me would look down and wonder if I was taking his picture, and I didn't want to give him the wrong impression haha!
- Especially considering I don't wear my wedding ring to the gym!
- It seems like this post contains a lot of mention of food, but I guess that's what's been on my mind lately!
- I made these Kale Chips yesterday and they were so yummy
- And so good for me. Double good!
- You can get the recipe here from the Smile Steady Blog
- My husband was even a fan!
- I know it seems like such a long way away, but I have really been thinking a lot about preschool and getting Ryder into the dream school I have always wanted him to go.
- He will be 5 next November!! Where is time going??
- I know that it is all in Gods hands and if it's meant to be he will end up there, but I want to get an early start if I can, on doing everything I can to ensure that I've done my best!
- Any advice on this for you moms out there with school aged kids??
- Well, I do hope that ya'll had a GREAT weekend and this Monday is treating you well.

I'm so glad you liked the kale chips! Seeing that picture kind of makes me want some now! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had so much fun with MOPS night out! I can't believe you drank 3 Diet Cokes, ha ha! I would be off the WALL!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing those recipes, too. We're always on the hunt for new things to try and these sound really yum :-)
I am dying to try Kale chips but I dont even know where to begin. So glad you like your new pediatrician. I was thinking about you today when we were on time to Sula's appt (when I was supposed to be there 15 min early.) I still cant believe they turned you away!! And I want to go to the Melting Pot now. Looks so good!
ReplyDelete