Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bad Blogging

So I admit, I have been a bad blogger lately! I feel like it's so hard to catch up sometimes but we have had some rough days here. I will say that Brynley is doing much better sleeping at night so thank you for your sweet encouragement! I know each day is a blessing, and being her Mommy is a blessing, (and most days I don't even think for a second about taking it for granted), but it's been tough lately. Thank goodness she's finally getting some long strides in or I may have gone crazy ha! No lie, even my mom who is a teacher, and loves children and is the most peaceful, non judgemental person you'll ever meet even said that Brynley was a bit fussy ha! (A bit fussy?) Okay that's terrible since she's my daughter, but crying it out didn't work, teething tabs, orajel, nursing her, swaddling her, not swaddling her, and in general nothing was helping. She was just straight up fussy and it had been rough! I even gave her the Mylicon drops for gas in hopes that it would help. And I prayed. And prayed some more! I was getting short with everyone and I was at my wits end. And then all on her own one night she slept. And it's been pretty good since then. It's just yet another reminder that I'm not the one in control no matter how often I forget, and think I am. I guess I have this thing with proving that I'm a good mom and I know how to soothe my own baby. I don't know where these doubts came from, maybe because I have to prove to myself I can be a stay at home mom since I worked when Ryder was her age. Whatever it is, I guess I just need constant affirmation that I'm doing a good job.

It's so easy to read other blogs and compare myself to other Moms I meet at my MOPS group, but at the end of the day each and every baby is different and Brynley was just having her moment. So with that being said, I guess blogging took a backseat so that I could get a handle on things! I keep reminding myself that the 6 month mark is approaching and things should get easier from that point on. Yet I don't want to rush these precious months by either! I've already thought of the fact that my baby girl will celebrate her very first birthday this year and it makes me kind of sad. And here I am complaining of a few rough nights.

My mom did come to my rescue over the weekend when she took Ryder for a few hours and let us see what life with just a baby was like once again. How did we think one baby was hard then?! And what did we do with our time when we'd get rest between naps with just one?! I spent most of my quality time getting all 1045 (and I'm not even kidding) pictures off my camera and iPhone, and getting them developed, then sorting them and making sure I had all the pictures in order by date so they will be ready to go once I buy some new photo albums. It was a 4 month project that was looming and my camera card got fuller and fuller, I knew it was just a matter of time before I made the unfun trip to Walgreens to get them loaded on the photo kiosk. My next project will be to tackle my recipes I have stored above the microwave, as I plug everything I learned about meal planning from my last MOPS meeting to good use!

Well, I do apologize for my lack in blogging lately, but I'm back unless my sweet angel decides not to sleep for naps anymore. And that goes for both of my children ha!

Hope you are having a great weekend! We're just relaxing watching the Patriots game (hubs favorite team), and rejoicing in the fact that both of our kids are taking naps this very moment.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Brynley has been fussy :( I know what you mean about being frustrated about not being able to soothe her. Sula has had some fussy moments and its very easy for me to get frustrated. You are not alone! Hope things continue to be better and I totally understand about being behind on blogs. No need to even explain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max has been a fuss pot the last few days so I understand not wanting to blog.

    I think it is totally normal to compare yourself to others. I get down about it every now and then but as bloggers we choose what we want to put out there. Not every blogger wants to admit that things are not perfect!

    ReplyDelete