Friday, February 4, 2011

Did the Groundhog Get it Right?

So I guess the groundhog didn't see his shadow which means that we will be seeing Spring sooner than we think! From hearing all the talk about the winter weather everyone seems to be getting though, I'm starting to wonder if the groundhog got it right! I'm not gonna lie, when I heard that we might even get some freezing rain last night, I turned on the weather channel, and hoped that they were going to be right. I could really use a day off, especially on a Friday to start the weekend. It was all in vain, and no such luck when I woke up this morning and opened the back door just to see rain. Plain ole' regualar rain. Well, I guess this way my paycheck will be better than having had to miss today from work, but it still would have been nice.

I should have gotten on my computer about two days ago to post, but I have been under the weather this week and just couldn't motivate myself enough to do it, but here is what we did Wednesday. While Scot was out of town this past week, I took on both Mommy and Daddy roles with Ryder and took him to get a haircut after I picked him up from his daycare class. I have often wanted to just let his hair grow out and get shaggy, but everytime I am tempted to do this, it starts going through it's awkward flippy do stage and I just decided to go ahead and get it cut so that my child doesn't get mistaken for an orphan. We usually take him to Great Clips because they do a good job and they are fast. And it doesn't hurt that Ryder gets a lollipop to lick while he's getting his haircut too! When we first started taking him to get his haircuts we would take him to the children's barber but since then they have closed and so we found Great Clips affordable and they do just as good of a job.
Scot finally came home late last night, after being stuck on the side of the mountain on his way home with car trouble and no cell phone service! Poor thing, that is one of my biggest fears, being stuck on a mountain with no cell phone. Luckily he made it home safely but we still have to drive back to Asheville to get his car from t
he dealership that it was towed to. I picked Ryder up from school after work, and when he got in the car he asked where Daddy was, since he had remembered me telling him that morning that Daddy would be picking him up. I told him that Daddy was on his way home, that he had gotten stuck on the mountain. The whole ride home, Ryder kept repeating "Daddy guck on mowntin" over and over and I was laughing so hard that I had to call Scot and leave a voicemail of him saying it! He finally made  it home, and I was relieved to have him back. It shall remain interesting to see how the weekend turns out, since we had originally planned a date night Saturday night to take place of Valentine's Day since he will just be getting back from yet another business trip. I don't mean to sound spoiled, but I really don't like when he has to travel out of town, and it seems that recently he has had to more and more with the demands of his job. Such is life I guess, but I just pray for a good weekend and no more car troubles!

What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment