Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Date Night Weekend

The weekend finally came and Scot and I were able to enjoy a night out for a romantic dinner on Saturday night while my mom and stepdad babysat Ryder. This is always a special treat when they watch him overnight because the chance to get to sleep in is PRICELESS! I am very fortunate to have family that live close by so that Scot and I are able to spend time alone together, and we definitely needed it this past week with him being out of town on business trips. The month of February is already jammed pack with lots of business trips for Scot, so our time together is cut short and we wanted to spend Saturday night having a dinner together to celebrate his awesome bonus and to do an early Valentine's dinner since he will be out of town yet again this coming weekend. Until recently, Scot really didn't have to travel much, but I am understanding that in order for him to do well in his company, it's just part of being in sales. Luckily for me, I get him all to myself the rest of the year ha! We decided to go to Jeffrey's steakhouse to enjoy a yummy three course meal, and were very happy with our decision. I think that we have just gotten so used to our suburb bubble that any opportunity we have to go to Charlotte or the uptown area, we opt for staying around town instead, even though it's only a 20 minute drive. Maybe it's the older we get, but it just seems more of a hassle to go to the city when we can have just as nice of a meal in our area at the lake.
 Yes we were early birds, and I didn't mind at all! Kids really changes everything ha! We laughed that we were there with the elderly people, but it didn't matter because we got great service and uninterrupted conversation without Little Einsteins or Mickey Mouse in the background was a nice change of pace for us. I love my husband even more than the day I married him almost 4 years ago, and I was so happy we had a chance to go out and celebrate all of the wonderful things that are going on in our life right now. I am so proud of Scot for being the provider to our family, and I can't wait to grow old with him one day.
 By the time we had soup, salad, onion potato rolls, fried oyster appetizers, we were so stuffed we could hardly eat our steak, but it was so fun talking and laughing and just catching up on life and being able to be carefree for the night like we did before having any kids. I wouldn't trade Ryder for the world, but I think I had craved alone time with Scot recently, and the time with him made me fall even harder for my man. I realized that we don't have to go out on Valentine's Day to make it the official romance holiday, but being together on Saturday night was just enough to show our love and appreciation for one another.
We finished our dinner and grabbed a slice of strawberry cake to share for dessert and we called it a night! I have never felt as old as I do now, and couldn't wait to get home, change into my comfy jammies, and watch tv and eat our cake in bed ha! It was heavenly bliss and when we woke up the next morning, there was actual sunlight coming from the windows, which in our house this NEVER happens because we are usually awake before 6am with Ryder. Yes we had actually slept until almost 8am and it felt great! We picked Ryder up from my parents after spending the morning running lots of errands that would normally take half the day with a toddler, and he was very happy to see us when we picked him up. He had played hard and had a great time with his Nana and PawPaw, but Ryder was ready to come home and snuggle with his Mommy and watch the SuperBowl. I was just looking forward to the SuperBowl feast that we had planned to eat, and to pull for the Green Bay Packers. I didn't even make it to half time before passing out, but it was one of the best weekends I had in awhile.

I hope your weekend was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment