Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day of Love on Valentine's Day

 Yesterday morning once Ryder had woken up and had breakfast, I pulled out his Valentine's Day goodies from Scot and I. My original plan was to have them setting out on the table, but he seemed to be in a bit of a mood when he woke up, so I thought better to have him wake up and get his tummy fed before the fun could begin. I knew he would be getting lots of sweets and candies at his party that day, so I opted for fun things instead of sugar! He loves "rocket" (Little Einstein's) so we got a set of 3 DVDs and a Cars DVD for the road trips we have planned this summer. We also gave him a cute furry love monster, a valentines I spy hearts book, and a Cars valentine's card that plays the song "Life is is Highway" from the movie. I think he made out pretty good, but he wasn't very fond of the love monster that danced, so I put it up on the counter for a cute decoration for now until he's older and less scared of things.
 Ryder was pulling all of his goodies out and was so excited at each gift that he received. I think he kept looking in the bag hoping for even more things to appear ha!

 Here my little love is with his goodies, and we did give in and gave him a piece of chocolate. After all it is Valentine's Day and what better way to shower the ones you love than with sugar. He knows me well and will say "Mommy, just one choc-it pease" ha! That's his way to work me for treats, and he usually wins!

 I always like to get a picture of the cards, and this year the funny thing was that Ryder got identical cards from my parents and Scots parents. Too funny! My mom had bought him a Candy Land game that was age appropriate for him for Valentines day and we have been playing a lot lately. Ryder really loves games, and even though they don't keep his attention long, he still likes to get them out and set everything up. I was hesitant when we bought Elefun for Christmas, but it has proven to be a fun game just to watch the butterflies shoot out of the trunk. I read reviews to make them fly faster, and found that if I added cut pieces of tissue paper it helped and it did!
 I had high hopes to meet Scot for lunch, but he couldn't get out of work since he was coming to my office later in the week for a dental cleaning, so instead I treated myself to some of the yummiest Chinese in town. I always get their string bean chicken and it never disappoints! I definitely ate more than my share, and between the chocolates and goodies that were in our break room, I think it's safe to say I gained 5 pounds!
 This year Scot and I decided to lay low for Valentine's and we had already had a nice dinner a weekend ago, so I was happily surprised when I saw the sweet setup that was waiting for me when I came home. I married a very sweet man that isn't always the most romantic, but he has proven over the years to always make each birthday and holiday special for me even in the smallest ways. I love you Mr Gelinas and Happy Valentines to you! I am a very lucky girl to be your valentine.
From my family to yours,
Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment