Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Visit to the OBGYN and an ultrasound!

 On Thursday I had a Dr appt at my current OBGYN who also delivered Ryder back in November 2008. Unfortunately, Dr P will no longer be doing deliveries so I was a little disappointed to hear that news because he had done such a wonderful job with my entire pregnancy with Ryder. It also left me wondering who I would find to replace Dr P, and finding a Dr who delivered at the hospital became challenging too. I never thought that there would be so many things to have to consider when choosing a Dr to deliver my baby. This was a picture of me nervously waiting on Dr P to come in the room. Not so much nervous about the ultrasound, but generally nervous just getting undressed with my backside bare for the world to see and only a thin paper sheet to cover up with! Yes I have forgotten just how comfortable you finally get with having prenatal appointments regularly, and the first one made me once again realize how modest I could be ha!
Luckily I had my Scot there for moral and emotional support, especially when the wait turned into an hour and I was beginning to get really hungry. He was there to make jokes and to put me at ease, and finally Dr P came in the room, ready to do the ultrasound. He confirmed the pregnancy and said that I was 9 weeks and 3 days along. The baby was even tinier than I remember with Ryder's first ultrasound, and all he could point out were the tiny arms, legs, and head. But the sweetest moment and the highlight to my week was seeing that sweet beating heart going strong! There is nothing like it. It made me smile, and Dr P went over everything with me and if I had any questions. On the ride back to work we stopped and had a quick lunch and discussed options of where to go and the next plan is to find out just what my insurance covers. With my first pregnancy I wanted every ultrasound I was offered and every test that was given, but this time I'm not as worried, so I don't want to end up paying for more than my plan covers. It's so weird just how different this pregnancy is from my first, but I am just as excited as I could be and can't wait to find out what we are having! I did end up making an appointment with a new OB but I'm only concerned that I will have to deliver at a different hospital. I am continuing to pray for a healthy baby and a safe delivery, and giving God my worries so that everything is in His hands. This is sometimes hard to do, but I know that He is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment