This past week has just been LONG and the weekend couldn't get here soon enough! I do feel like I say that a lot, but this pregnancy is really taking a toll on my energy level and the simplest tasks now seem to take everything I have to accomplish anything. Adding work and caring for a toddler to the mix and it's all I can do not to literally fall asleep the minute I get home. I don't remember feeling this way during my pregnancy with Ryder, but maybe I have just forgotten. I will say that at least the nausea has gotten better and I haven't actually gotten sick since the first few weeks thank goodness! It was so nice to have Scot home this weekend for the first weekend all month, and we made no plans except to do our usual errands together like grocery shopping and a trip to Target, aka Ryder's favorite store! He is so cute that when we head in the direction of Target, he becomes very aware and either says "I want Taa-get" or "Goeswe store".

Apparantly I was having strawberry cravings and didn't even realize it until I looked in the buggy and saw the strawberry cake mix, the strawberry frosting, the two containers of fresh strawberries, and then as we were on the bread aisle Scot stopped me when I started to put hostess strawberry cupcakes in the cart. He thought it was so funny but I just wanted what I wanted. Ryder was also very happy with my choice of craving because he begged to make cake from the minute he saw it in the cart ha! I promised him we would make strawberry cake and cupcakes as soon as he had eaten lunch and taken his nap. We could hardly wait for the cakes to cool before frosting them with lots of yummy strawberry frosting. I also hinted to Scot that maybe I was just having all of these strawberry cravings because we were having a girl ha! We spent the rest of our Saturday night staying in and making lasagna, another craving that I had. It was so nice to be together and I realized Ryder and I both had really missed having Scot the past few weekends.
 |
This morning, I had a really hard time waking up, so Scot watched Ryder so I could get a few more hours of sleep. I must have been tired because when I woke up I felt so much better. I started to think I was catching the cold that both Scot and Ryder seemed to have passed on, but was happy that the extra rest seemed to make me feel much better! We had full intentions of going to church this morning, but somehow by the time that we actually got dressed and out the door, we still had an hour to kill before church started, so we decided to go to Home Depot first. Unfortunately our freezer has been dying slowly, first with the ice maker stopping, and now it just completely stopped, so we are only able to use the refrigerator. It has been okay for the past few months, but as the summer nears, and the thought of not being able to store my liquid-gold breast milk, I do get a little anxious that we will have to make a purchase soon. We had looked online at Best Buy and Lowe's, but it did help to see the models in person. We also somehow managed to change our decision from liking the standard two sided refrigerator to the french-style. It was nice to think of all of the added space we could have! I started to feel a bit nauseus while we were at the store and even had to sit down, and it was after getting in the car, decided I just wanted to go home at that moment more than anything. We both felt so convicted for not going to church and I did say out loud how sorry I was. I just hate how far we seem to have slipped away from attending church the past few months, and have made it a point to try going more often again.
We rested up and I had a snack and felt much better! After awhile we realized we needed a few things at Target that we had forgotten and really wanted to get some cleaning products to do a really good Spring Clean. I had already switched all of my normal clothes for maternity except for the things that I can use even while pregnant and right after that ran a little bigger. While we were at Target we happened to walk past the baby aisle and I couldn't resist. I saw this sweet pink bunny "Lovey" and had to have it. I have a strong intuition that I am having a girl, mostly because I have been so sick this pregnancy, but partly because of the two different times I had my sister in law, and then my co-workers do the pendulem test and it was a girl both times! I guess we will just have to wait and see at the next ultrasound, but I still couldn't help my impulse when I saw that sweet lovey. I told Scot I can always return it if I'm not having a girl, but it secretly made me smile to even think of the possibility of having the desires of my heart fulfilled. Regardless, I was excited to have made a first purchase for our sweet new baby that is growing inside of me. I can't help but think of him or her often, but it's harder for Scot to grasp the idea still. I think once I am showing more he will finally get it, but for now he still doesn't seem to get why I am so tired, moody, cranky, short with him, and nauseus. Boy it's hard for a woman sometimes, but he does help in so many other ways that I really shouldn't complain! |

While we were at Target, we made our purchases, and along with the bunny lovey, I found these Method cleaning products that I am very excited to try. Scot made the joke that he will buy whatever kind of cleaning product if it excites me enough to actually get motivated to want to clean. I am very lucky that he does a lot (okay..most) of the cleaning but I will also say that is partly because he is home more since he works from home, and his hours aren't nearly as long. I was so eager to try the new products and found the smell to be very pleasant with all natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals. I am slowly trying to get away from the chemicals that we seem to all to easily put into our homes and bodies. Part of this came from when I became pregnant with Ryder and was even more aware of what I put in my body. I also became very sensitive to all fragrances and chemicals, and to this day I hate perfume or body lotions. I told Scot if we could just start always drinking organic milk, and to use more eco-friendly cleaning products we would be making a dent. He usually laughs at that, but I hope to one day add more to our changes. It is definitely a slow process of change, but he seems to be okay with the small changes I have made so far.

On another hodge podge note, we also picked up a huge pack of pull ups, as Ryder continues to do well with potty training, and we also got his first pair of big boy underwear! I am so excited to start working with him and having him use real underwear. We signed him up for swim lessons this coming March and I am hoping to have him trained by then because he can't wear diapers in the pool. He is becoming more and more aware of his accidents and while we were at the store he told Scot he needed to go potty. We are so proud of his milestones, and can't wait to have him potty trained! Just in time for another baby in diapers ha! In addition to potty training, Ryder is getting much better at his picky eating habits and I was so proud of him the past two nights for actually trying foods that Scot and I were having for dinner. He loved the lasagna and salad last night, and even had a few bites of baked beans and barbeque sandwich tonight! I hope this success continues and hope that it isn't just a fluke. Happy Weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment