Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Mountain Getaway Fathers Day

Sunday, we skipped church and headed out early to do a day trip to the mountains. Scot is the best Daddy to our children and I am so blessed that I am married to him and he is the father to our babies! Money has been tight lately, with job changes on the horizon, so the kids and I made him a cute banner and hung it in the kitchen to greet him Fathers Day morning. Then we got ready to head out!
Snuggling with his babies in their cute matching jammies!
We arrived at Grandfather Mountain within 2 1/2 hours and then we parked and checked out the fun things to do! Two things to remember. #1 ALWAYS bring warm clothes no matter WHAT! and #2 DRIVE SLOW when going down cuuuuuurvy roads.




Attempting to walk across the mile high swinging bridge, although they had changed the bridge from what I remember as a kid and it was bolted more firmly and didn't swing nearly like it used to.









After seeing the sights, we found the perfect spot to grill out complete with panoramic views of the mountains. Scot was so happy to get to drink a beer and grill hotdogs with his baby girl. Meanwhile, I climbed the cliffs surrounding us with Ryder and had our own adventures.
Next it was time to pack up and go see the animals! I was born in Banner Elk NC, which is close to where Grandfather Mountain is. I remember Mildred the Bear as a child, so it was fun to take my children to the same park and let them see the animals and swinging bridge.










Then it was time to eat some homeade FUDGE! YUM! We had so much fun and I am truly blessed for such a good man and father to our babies. There is no one else I would rather be partnered with in this crazy life, and we are a great team! Happy Fathers Day!!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet :-) Though I have to say - that swinging bridge freaked me out! I got goose-bumps just looking at it (can you tell I'm afraid of heights)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet day and great way to enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete