One of the things that I fell in love with Scot when we first met, was the fact that he lived such an active lifestyle. From hiking to snowboarding, propelling, skiing, snowboarding and owning a boat. I knew that if I had any chances of being athletic, it would be with this man. As we grew in our relationship, he introduced his passion to me and we enjoyed hiking the outdoors together. We knew that we would also one day want to introduce the outdoors to our children too.

Saturday was the perfect day to get out and go for a hike with the kids. Living in the outskirts of Charlotte and the surrounding foothills to the mountains, we have quite a few options when it comes to hiking the trails and parks in our area. Since the weather forecast was supposed to be nice out, we decided to give Riverbend Park a try! It was only about a half hour drive there and we were excited to see what the park had to offer and check out the views of the river!
Right away we went to the bathrooms before we started our trek along the river. I saw a centipede in one of the bathroom stalls and had to call Ryder in to check it out! We had just read a story about the centipedes and their many legs so he was very excited (from afar) to see one up close. Then I had to get this sweet moment on camera of my babies.
Woo hoo! Victoriously we made the almost 3 mile hike! Scot and I laughed because years ago we would have trekked further along, but having two whiny fussy kids at this point, it was all we four could do to make it back to the car to get our picnic lunches out. Oh the days of having children ha!
All in all it was a really fun day with the family and a good way to get out and get some excercise. I admit I had fallen off the workout wagon recently, and have just started again this week. Going once or twice a week just isn't cutting it, so I'm back on track! I even tried a body sculpt class at the gym yesterday and am totally feeling the effects from it still today. Oh well, no pain no gain right?
No comments:
Post a Comment