- Happy Monday!
- Now that we're back from vacation and I'm back in the swing of things, I thought I'd recap some things we did over the weekend and share some other randoms with ya'll!
- So like I mentioned earlier, it was Ryder's last day of preschool last Thursday. This was also the reason we only did a mini vacation to Hilton Head Island, so we could get back in time!
- I will miss dropping Ryder off each week and hearing about his day with his friends and teachers. And having his crafts proudly displayed on our refrigerator.
- I struggled with the spelling of that. Refrigerator or Refridgerator. I used to be so good with my grammar. I excelled in English and made sure to take all the honors and AP English classes offered in highschool. And now I use broken sentences starting with "And".
- Because I like to.
- One of Ryder's friends and classmates Mom made this sweet card attached to these sidewalk chalks with her name and number if we wanted to get together for a playdate this summer.
- How cute right? I had about 100 ideas to do that I'd spotted on Pinterest to give Ryder's teachers and his classmates but I just got consumed with everything else and ended up just addressing some cute Thank you cards for him to give out.
- I promise to do better next year! That is my New Years Resolution!
- So with Brynley's first birthday fastly approaching in just 3 months, I have been toying around with party themes. While at Target, I always scour the Dollar Spot and saw these bright yellow galvanized buckets. To add to the hot pink and hot yellow large ones I'd already found.
- It looks like Brynley's party colors will be hot pink and hot yellow and because we call her our "Brynley Bug" I am probably going to look on Etsy for a cute bug theme. Or Butterflies.
- All of the babies in our play group hve either just celebrated their first birthday, or are going to in the next few weeks and it makes me a little sad!
- Brynley is the baby of the babies, and I remember us all at our first MOPS meeting!
- I happened upon this Sobe coconut water while we were in Floida and I'm hooked! I love anything coconut so it's only natural that I'd love this too!
- We went to church Sunday and actually attended Sunday School afterwards! I had been anxious about how Brynley would do through the entire service and then to make it through Sunday School too.
- My fears were in vain though because she was passed out fast asleep in the swings when I picked her up. She did great and I'm so blessed to have such sweet little ladies watch after her in the nursery and sing hymns to her. Ryder had big fun in the older classroom while we were in Sunday School too and asked if he could go again.
- I got some cute pictures of us by the Hydrangea bushes. Or I attempted to anyways but it's so hard to get everyone looking and smiling at the same time!
- We had a surprise visit from my brother and sister in law as they were passing through from a wedding in Washington DC. They live in Greenville SC and announced that they will be moving to Columbia soon so my brother can attend a school for sound engineering there. This will be a huge blessing to my brother and his wife because her Dad owns a Land Rover dealership there and she will be able to transfer there as well.
- I continue to pray over them both, as they returned from their Mission Trip to Dominican Republic. They are both being faced with challenges in their marriage and I know this is a true test to their faith as they get ready to make the move to Columbia.
- It makes me reflect on my own marriage and I know that I would move to anyplace with Scot to support him too though!
- It was good to see them and get some laughs in! I was always close to my brother growing up and pray that Ryder and Brynley will love and support one another too.
- We had a playdate at the neighborhood pool of one of the girls in my MOPS group. Brynley's lobster bikini finally came in that I'd ordered from Zulily.
- I think it's safe to say that I'm officially hooked to their site now. I go on it each day just looking at the things I wish that I could get the kids. Such cute stuff!
- We had fun at the pool but it was really cloudy most of the afternoon and the pool was kind of cold. Ryder did well but just got in and wanted to stay in the baby float most of the time.
- I was worried how I would handle both kids without Scot, and I'm learning that I can do way more than I ever dreamed I'd be strong enough to handle!
- Brynley and her "date", Brody. We joke that they will date one day, but Scot says his daughter won't have any boyfriends. Ha! I can just laugh thinking about the days that lie ahead for us.
- Look at all these bebes!! I love the girls in my MOPS group that we've formed, and feel so fortunate to have them in my life. They have helped me get through these hard seasons!
- Having such nice weather lately has been a good thing on the plant front!
- The seedlings we planted are starting to sprout!
- And I just can't get over the color of my Hydrangea bushes this year!
- And this is the gardenia bush that my Grannie gave me a sprig of from her own Gardenia bush in her yard. It's been there for years and years and in some way I feel like I have a piece of her here with me.
- We will be going to Holden Beach this weekend to celebrate her 92 birthday. I know that she's getting older and she told my Mom that she'd been hearing the neighbors playing their organ loudly. My Mom asked her what she meant, and thought it was strange my Grannie would hear that when her neighbors aren't very close by for her to hear something like that. During a recent visit, my Grannie told my Mom that right then she heard the organ playing so my Mom went over and listened but didn't hear anything. Grannie said it is three different hymns usually and that was when my Mom realized those were the same three songs that were playing at my Grandfather's funeral. It makes me sad to think that she may be passing soon but she has lived a wonderfullyblessed life full of many great memories!
- My neighbor let me borrow the Hunger Games Trilogy and I am hooked! I finished Hunger Games in a week and am now reading the Sequel, Chasing Fire. It is sooo good and I can't seem to put it down. For those of you that's read it, are you Team Gale or Team Peeta?
- Well on that note, have a great rest of your Monday and a GREAT week!

I have read the first two Hunger Games and am about to start the third. I am team Finnick, ha. But I dont think he is a choice :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great weekend!