Date: June 13th, 2012
Age: 9 Months
Weight:{TBD at Dr appointment next week}
Height: {TBD at Dr appointment next week}
Head: {TBD at Dr appointment next week}
Clothes: You wear 9-12 month clothing and I know it won't be long before even that size is too small! I swear when I hold you now, you have gotten so much heavier in a matter of days! It must be that 9-month-growthspurt I remember oh so well with Ryder that's the cause for your clothes to be fitting better and you to be gaining more weight. I got a size 12mo in this lobster bikini and I'm glad I did because it's already a snug fit. Although you are still quite the little peanut!We got your first official pair of shoes from Stride Rite and had you fitted. Your right foot is a size 3 and the left is a 3 1/2.
Diaper is in a size 3 now too!
Favorite Foods: You are so over pureed foods now, except for your breakfast and late night snack which usually consists of oatmeal or rice with breastmilk and a fruit. Other than that, you eat when we do, and I just put on your highchair tray the same things we eat and let you feed yourself. I am still nursing you when you first awake, (usually around 6:30) and then again at 11am. Other than that, I am feeding you a bottle before naps at 9 and 2pm.
You pretty much just want to feed yourself now and I find you begging like a puppy when one of us is eating a snack and you want some of whatever it is that we're eating too!
Sleep Habits: For the most part, you are sleeping through the night, going to bed around 7:30. You still take a morning nap at 9am and an afternoon nap by 2pm. We follow the same routine each night. A bowl of oatmeal, bath, jammies and lotion, then your big night time bottle. Sound machine on and lights out. I don't even want to think about weaning you from both of these things as you get closer to a year old and we will have to change the bedtime routine up!Words/Mannerisms: For saying things, you are really babbling and love to squeal! Your words include "DaDa", "MaMa", "Ba"(bottle), and we think you may be saying "Ra" for Ryder too. You have the sweetest demeanor about you and are so girly! You are really discovering your world around you and getting into EVERYTHING! Pulling toilet paper off the roll, magazines and books off the shelves, papers you find, wipes that you manage to find or grab, and just getting into anything you can. You are exploring your body and the eyes, noses, and mouth of anyone that gets close enough!
However, if you get into something that you shouldn't be or shouldn't have and it gets taken away from you, you really have a fit! You have a temper and you aren't afraid to show it sometimes.
Playtime: If I had to say your favorite things right now, they would be your wooden Sesame Street blocks and your board books. You also adore all of Ryder's trains and cars and his train table. Your favorite thing is to figure out how to navigate from room to room and now you've learned how to scale the walls to get you to where you think you need to be. You love when we hug and kiss and tickle or blow raspberries on you. I pray that you always stay this sweet and girly and you have the kindest heart already. You come over whenever someone gets hurt or is crying.
Big Achievements: Well you are already starting to growup before my eyes! Crawling, cruising, and you've even stood without holding onto anything! It amazes me how much you grow and change from month to month and you just soak life up whatever comes your way. You seem to want to nurse less and eat more real foods, so that has been a big achievement this month too! Now you have two top teeth and two bottom teeth, and are currently teething your upper and lower canines which I can actually feel the top ones coming in. Oh Brynley time is just going so fast and Mommy is already planning for your very first birthday. It will be girly and pink, and sweet just like you!
Happy 9 Months Baby Girl!
Love,
Mommy
She is so cute! I can't believe how fast the babies are growing up :-) And what a big girl, eating the same stuff as you guys! It sounds like she's doing better with her sleep, too. She'll be walking before long!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. This sounds so much like Sula. She is into EVERYTHING. Love all the pictures. I especially love seeing those top teeth. So cute!
ReplyDelete