- Happy Happy Monday!!
- I'm back from a short trip to Holden Beach to see my Grannie and celebrate her 92nd birthday. It was a good trip and I was glad to spend some much needed time with all of my family. More on that tomorrow though.
- How was your weekend?
- Well I did finish the sequel to Hunger Games, 'Catching Fire', and find myself hooked just like I was after reading the Twilight series. When it's a good book, you literally can't put it down! So now I am going to have to get out and buy the third book 'Mockingjay' as soon as possible to find out just what happens next!
- I got an email from my freebies 4 Mom site with free Target samples of the iced K-cup beverages.
http://samples.target.com/
- I have been trying to get back on track with teaching Ryder fun "Preschool Days" that I come up with from googling ideas from a lot of the preschool websites I use. The past week I looked at Mouse Day.
- We ate cheese, read stories about mice, practiced the letter M and writing it, and the letter C for cheese, of course! Then we did some fun mouse themed crafts!
- Later in the week, we had Dinosaur Day! Again, we read stories about dinosaurs, made fun dinosaur crafts, and practiced writing out the letter D.
We made dinosaur tracks and "fossils" in some playdoh, and had fun playing with Ryder's dinosaurs.
Afterwards, we made brownies with walnuts (dinosaur "bones"), and then we were archeologists for the day, digging them up! I had Ryder count how many he could find. Then we got to eat them!
I don't have a lot to say today but I do hope your weekend was fun and your off to a great start to the week! We have to come up with more fun things to do as the weeks go on, and the summer kicks into gear. It has been rainy and dreary since we got home from the beach, so here's to hoping for sun!
I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy. I have to admit I was a tad disappointed with the last book. I loved the first 2 though!
ReplyDeleteYou always have such fun ideas for your kiddos, it is inspiring!
So impressed with your themed days! I am so lazy when it comes to stuff like that :) I am about to start Mockingjay now. As soon as I finish the other book I am reading. Cant wait to see what happens!
ReplyDelete