- Happy Monday!
- I just got home from the gym and felt refreshed from the weekend. I hope you guys had a good weekend. They always go by so fast though, don't they?
- I do feel like Scot and I got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time though. I wanted to finally get all of my pictures from Hawaii into their album and write in it with a description too. Scot wanted to work on clearing out the attic and the garage. Although we didn't get to both things, I was still able to tackle some of my growing piles around the house finally!
- On Friday I got my hair done. I knew I had an appointment coming up, but couldn't for the the life of me remember when it was. {yet another side effect from Motherhood..yikes!}
- It feels so much healthier now that I'm not fixing it every single day, and I hardly ever have time to blow dry it straight anymore either.
- While I was at the salon, I just loved the colors and thought this would be a cool idea for an entryway.
- I have some pretty GREAT news to share!
- No. I'm not pregnant. But Scot just got an amazing job offer and will be starting his new job in a few weeks. We are so happy about it and give God all the glory because he has been working in our lives this entire time and we both feel his presence. I just wanted to say thank you for thinking of us and praying along with us!
- Over the years, Scot and I have acquired the taste for seafood. It was one of the things that we had in common when we first met, the fact that neither of us were fans of fish, crab, lobster, or any other crustacean. I guess sampling it enough times, we both learned that we actually like crablegs and lobster. And scallops too, but we still haven't developed a taste for fish. I don't know that I ever will. Friday night we made Dave's Low Country Boil. I still don't like shrimp, so I asked Scot to leave it out and it still tasted great!
- Ryder was in awe of how much food Scot made when he dumped it all out on the table! Not to mention I don't think he knew what to do because we don't usually eat at the dinner table like this ha!
- We have really been working hard to get Ryder to try what we're eating each meal and he is doing so much better. He still wouldn't touch the crablegs and kept telling us that we weren't supposed to eat the pinchers haha.
-
- Brynley is still walking up a storm, and now that she's 9 months old, I really wanted to get her 9 month pictures taken. In an effort to save money, I decided to take them myself. I was really happy with how they turned out, and I am in love with her lobster bikini!
{be stll my heart}
- So ya'll know our car situation. When we made the decision for me to stay at home with the kids, and went down to one income, we realized in order to help with bills we would sell Scot's Mercedees and become a one-car-family. We knew this wouldn't be a problem at first because I really wouldn't be driving much after having Brynley. Fast forward to present day and I know that it could have been done, but it was becoming more of a concern to just have one vehicle.
- So with Scot's recent job offer, we were able to start looking for a new car within our budget. I knew I wanted an SUV, not a car or minvan. Sorry, I just can't do it! Again, God was there when we came across this GMC Acadia! Perfect size for me, great on gas, low mileage, and it is a new car, it was right in our price range!
- I LOVE IT!
- I am getting motivted at the gym again, and to go along with this I really want to try to eat healthier again too! Doing some Blog reading today, I came across some yummy ideas on Nourish to try for meals. The protein smoothie with pineapple and coconut water and the Blueberry buckwheat waffles are right up my alley! I can't wait to try them.
- I also made a Kalua Pig with pineapple salsa and rice for dinner last night. I got the recipe from skinnytaste.com, which ya'll know is one of my alltime fave eating healthy blogs for great recipes. I made it with Hawaii on my mind, and knowing just how much Scot loved the roasted beef that he tried in Maui. I will have to be on the search for a Hawaiian beef recipe!
- Last week Ryder and I went on a fun playdate to the movies with one of friends from his preschool. I was so proud of Ryder for sitting through the entire movie! They play movies for $3 and it includes popcorn and a drink. Although they are usually a year old movies, the kids don't mind and it's always a fun time! I told Ryder that because he was so good, we will pick a day to go see Brave since it's coming out soon. (It may already be out now).
- It is already hot outside, which means that we will either stay inside most of the day, or find our way to the pool. We will be going back to Holden Beach this weekend for 4th of July so I can wait to get sun then!
- Well, have a wonderful week ahead :)
That lobster bikini is so precious!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your husband on his job. I'm sure a huge burden has been lifted off your shoulders!
That is such wonderful news about Scot's job offer! What an answer to prayer :-) Does this mean that you guys are moving?!
ReplyDeleteAnd love the new car, too ;-)