Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 40 Weeks!

Brynley Girl,
 June 19th, 2012
You turned 40 Weeks old yesterday!
 When I first started doing my weekly pregnancy updates, as well as my many Bits About Brynley posts, it made me think of my pregnancy at almost 40 weeks. I read this post, which was a reflection on my pregnancy and thinking about what having that baby girl enter our world and what it would be like. And then there was this post, the very first "Bits About Brynley" post. I guess with Brynley turning 40 weeks old yesterday, it just made me realize that I have had her here on this Earth with me as many weeks as I carried her inside of me (well I carried her to 39 weeks, but who's counting!)
 40 weeks just seems crazy to think about, and when I started these weekly posts I never dreamed that I would still be doing them. In fact, when Ryder was a baby and I worked full time, I was good to keep up with his monthly posts. I feel bad that I didn't document as much with him, but I've also learned that I wanted to document more, as much as I could so that I could remember it well.
 A week after turning 9 months old, Brynley has really just started pulling EVERYTHING out! She was getting the coupons off the refrigerator that was held together with a magnet clip. Yeah she loves to eat paper that much! It doesn't even phase her now when I yell her name or get onto her when she's getting into something she shouldn't be. Oh my I had forgotten what this stage was like!
 Brynley has awakened a bit this week with teething issues. A low fever with a runny nose and lots of fussing. She normally greets me with a BIG smile, but she's been pretty grumpy with her teething!
Brynley had her 9 month Dr visit Monday and we found she's gained 2 lbs, grew 2 inches, and her head circumference bigger too! Unfortunately she did have to get a polio vaccine which I felt bad about because I was thinking that she didn't have to get any at this appointment. Overall it was a good visit and then we spent the rest of the day cuddling and hanging out. It didn't seem to make any difference to her that she'd gotten a shot though.
I forgot to share the BEST news of all yet on yesterdays post! This was really Scot's best Fathers Day gift that Brynley could give to him. I just can't watch this video enough times.

Happy 40 Weeks sweet Brynley Bug!
love
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. She looks so grown up! Wow! I have not had much time to look lately and I'm so sorry for falling off the comments! It will not be long until our babies are 1! Is she crawling yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the walking video!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete