I know I talk a lot about Brynley on here, but the truth is that Ryder is my first baby and he always will be. He just doesn't like to participate and smile much for me anymore. However, he has had two big FIRSTS in the last week and I wanted to document it on just how BIG my Ryder Goose is getting! How is my sweet baby boy already 3 years old?!
I took Ryder to his very first visit to the dentist for a cleaning a week ago and I knew he would do great, but just worried for him since it was his first time. We are usually conscious about not giving him a lot of sugar, but there's sugar in everything so I just wanted to make sure he didn't have any "sugar bugs". I took him to the dentist office I worked at before staying a stay at home mom and I let him go back by himself and just asked my hygienist friends to take some pictures for me. From working there, I knew kids always did much better when their parents weren't in the room. As much as I wanted to go back there with him, I stayed back in the playroom with Brynley and prayed he'd do well for both the Hygienist and Dr G. Look at my big boy cheesin' away!
Smiling like a champ for Miss Melanie
Then Dr G came in for the exam and I was so proud of Ryder! I came in the room to see him and to hear the great news of how well my big boy did and that he didn't have any sugar bugs (cavities).
Being back at the office I saw a few patients and remembered the feeling of being back there and just felt so blessed to get the opportunity to stay home with my babies now. Though it was good seeing everyone, I love my new job staying at home and wouldn't trade it for the world!
Then last Wednesday after a play date it was time for some one on one time with Ryder when I got to take him to his first movie! I had planned to take Ryder to see Cars 2 last summer while I was pregnant and Scot was on a business trip, but I decided to wait for when we could watch it together because I wanted Scot to get to join in all the fun too! However, he'd much prefer to watch movies at home when we rent them, so we foregoed the movie in the theater. Fast forward to last week and I was very excited about taking Ryder and having a date just the two of us! We saw The Lorax.
I had promised Ryder that he could pick out any candy and we shared a big buttered popcorn. He chose peanut butter M&M's after much debate, and we were off to our theater to find seats. Being that the movie was out for a few weeks, it wasn't nearly as crowded as it could have been, which was good since I wasn't sure how long Ryder's attention span would be in a busy theater.
Clearly he was hooked and it was a really cute movie! We will definitely be buying the movie when it comes out, to remember our fun day we had! Ryder did so well with both of his new firsts, and there are more Mommy Ryder dates to the movies in our near future! This has always been a wish of Scot and mine, to get equal alone time with each child, and I can't wait to also take Brynley on Mommy Daughter fun dates too!

I love little babies but I can't wait to take Max to the movies. I went often when I was pregnant and he always kicked me through the whole movie :)
ReplyDeleteSo many things to relate to! I HEAR you about talking more about Sula. Colt just isnt really interested in cheesing much for me. Colt has been to the dentist three times now and luckily has done well. I had no idea kids did better without you. I guess that makes sense since Colt cried through one of his swim lessons and his teacher told me if he did it again that I may have to step out. And I am too afraid to take Colt to a movie. We have never watched a whole movie but he was watched several Dora's in a row so maybe he would like a movie. Someday...
ReplyDelete