Friday, April 13, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 7 Months!

Brynley,
You turned seven months old today!
Date: April 13th, 2012
This makes Mommy sad because now you're closer to your first Birthday than ever before.
Age: 7 Months
We don't know your stats this month, like height, weight, or head circumference but will find that out at your 9 month well visit. I still can't believe you're 7 months old because you still seem so petite, even though this last week you have really excelled leaps and bounds!
Yes that's you standing up in your crib, which means that Daddy and I have to lower your crib this weekend. I have actually found you like this a few times after you awoke from your nap and I was curious to see how far you could get. If you're anything like your Mommy, you will be a climber!
Clothes:
You're wearing some 9 months and even some 12 month clothes already! I thought you were still fitting in some 3-6 or 6-12 month stuff, but a lot of it has gotten a bit tight or short on you. It's been cooler the past few days and I really wasn't sure what to put you in because so many things are now too small in your winter wardrobe.
Shoes:
You still aren't really wearing shoes much, other than the cute slippers I've let you wear, but you will definitely need a pair soon by the rate you're going with starting to take a few steps!
Diaper Size:
You had been wearing a size 2 Pampers diaper but just this week we had bought size 3 diapers and ran out of size 2, but found the size 3 actually fit pretty good and give you lots of room to grow into! This is also helpful during the night because we don't usually change you if we have to do a twilight feeding.

I know the first picture didn't come out great, but I loved seeing you and Ryder laughing and crawling around on the bed after taking your bath. You love him so much, and try to copy everything he does! He's just recently become very possesive of his things and I don't blame him, I wouldn't want baby slobber all over my stuff either. We've also caught him trying to knock you out of the way or try to "walk" you away from wherever it is you're heading towards his toys.
LOVE these faces! You look so much alike to me haha!

Favorite Foods:
You still love applesauce and pears the best, and I've found you love the homeade baby food much better too! I don't blame you one bit there, because after making my own food for you, I found it smelled and tasted so much fresher and better than the plastic containers of the stuff! Not that there's anything wrong with it, in fact your brother only ate jarred (or plastic) baby food, I just enjoy making it for you now that I'm staying at home with you! I've actually burned food twice now because I'm trying to multitask when steaming it over the stove, and had a huge mess to clean up afterwards! But lesson learned, never walk away when I have anything on the stove boiling!

I also gave you a sippey cup with ice water for the first time to see how you'd do holding it. You did great but we have awhile to go as far as getting you to drink from a cup! Ryder learned really quickly, so I don't think this will be a problem for you either. We will just try different cups like we did with him to see which ones you do best with.

Along with drinking from a sippey cup, I also let you try Gerber graduates yogurt melts. You made a few funny faces at the first bite, but soon got the hang of it and really seemed to love feeding yourself! You even wanted to eat the bag! The hard part was keeping Ryder from wanting to eat all of your treats. We will be going back to the grocery store to get more!


You also got to try a few tiny pieces of bread at dinner tonight. You just don't seem content with milk and pureed food anymore, and so we let you try a few pieces and you LOVED it! I have never seen you so happy or more crazy about a food before. It was the funniest thing watching you find the bread and then find your mouth as you fed yourself. I actually made the bread myself tonight and it smelled so yummy! I'm sure you'll be just like your Mommy and love bread like me!

Such a happy girl afterwards!
Sleep Habits:
Unfortunately you have reverted back to waking once a night, which started when we disrupted your routine while we were at the beach. We knew this would probably happen, because we all know how hard it is to keep to the same routine when in a different place, but this Momma is ready for sleep again! You actually slept through the night once this week, so I'm praying you haven't forgotten how haha. At least you're eating when you do wake each night, and it isn't just out of habit!
Playtime:
Playtime pretty much consists of asssting you stand at the train table or your activity table. You are most content when you get to stand and look around while playing with some of yours and Ryder's toys. In fact, this week alone you have blossomed into such a big girl and can stand unassisted, and have even pulled yourself up, taken a few steps, as well as crawled! You love to look at books, play with any toys, and pretty much grab every single thing you can get your hands on. And then it goes straight to your gummy slobbery baby mouth!


You especially love these Thomas train tracks from Ryder's train table. We just have to always watch to make sure you don't fall with one in your mouth!
Big Achievements:
There's too many to name just one! Liteally this week you just took off crawling, taking your first steps, pulling yourself up by yourself, and trying more first foods! I can't believe how big my bitty baby is getting to be and I'm starting to feel bittersweet about you turning a year old! Here are some adorable videos that I got with my iPhone just this week of your BIG ACHIEVEMENTS!

 

As always, your Mommy and Daddy love you so very very much and are so happy for the baby girl we have been blessed with and all of your many accomplishments! You are the love of our life and you make our life complete. Happy SEVEN Months Bunny!!

Love,
Mommy





4 comments:

  1. So cute! I loved watching the videos :-) Joe is fascinated by remotes, too, for some reason. Must be all of the buttons!

    I hope Brynley starts steadily sleeping through the night again soon - I don't know about you, but I get all out of whack when he doesn't sleep through the night!

    Happy 7 Months, Brynley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Brynley and Ryder look a lot alike too, she is so cute, as is Ryder =) 7 months is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving this stage. She is doing so well pulling up on stuff! Max has shown zero interest in that. He just started sitting up unassisted today. It is interesting to see how different and similar they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is doing so much!! Love the videos! I always love to hear voices...except my own, which is why I never post any :)

    I love that little butterfly outfit! We just ran out of twos and switched to size three diapers as well. I cant believe she is wearing a three!

    ReplyDelete