Monday, April 2, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Happy Monday Ya'll!
  • Or should I say Happy APRIL? I forgot all about April Fools Day until I was reading something to Ryder and he asked me what it was. I didn't really have a good joke to pull on Scot so I just told him it was a day that we play jokes on our friends.
  • So I'm still figuring out the new format for Blogger. I'm having to re teach myself on how to write a post and retrain the steps and shortcuts on blogging. It's nice having it all right there in one little package, but I'm approaching 30 next year and you can't teach an old dog new tricks very well haha!
  • Do ya'll like the new Blogger?
  • Ryder is off from preschool this week due to Spring Break, but he brought home all of his sweet Easter crafts he'd been working on lately at school. I love having cute little Ryder crafts like these around the house and on the refrigerator, and he has really been interested in the story of Easter lately.
  • Every night Scot and I try to read a story to him out of his Bible, and he just sits there all ears, and it makes me so happy that he's excited to learn about Jesus!
  • Speaking of Jesus, we watched this short clip from You Tube at church yesterday called "Follow Jesus" and I was overcome with tears. Have you seen it? If not, it's awesome!
  • The weather has been so nice the past few days, so Ryder and I have gotten out a lot to play and draw with sidewalk chalk. He was so proud of himself for attempting to draw a cross. I later asked him what he drew and he replied "A Cross Mommy!"
  • He's also been very proud of himself for building lots of train track designs by himeself! Usually he leaves this up to Scot to do, but he has since figured out how to do it all alone.
  • Friday night we had family night and spent the evening putting together a big safari puzzle that Ryder got for Christmas. It was fun for Scot and I to join in and Ryder was the big helper to find all of the pieces we asked for. We will definitely have to get more big puzzles like this one in the future, and maybe before we know it Brynley can help too!
  • To go along with family night on Friday, I got the ingredients to make S'mores in our fire pit and Ryder was one very happy little boy! He kept asking over and over about when we were going to go camping haha! He must have seen too many cartoons where he associated S'mores with camping. It did get me thinking that a cabin in the woods would be fun. (My kind of "camping" haha). While we were at Targt I saw these new German Chocolate bites and decided to give them a try to go with our traditional marshmallows too. YUM!
Here's Scot setting things up in the backyard

Mmm Mmm Good!
"My hands are all sticky"
Sweet little Brynley, wishes she got to eat a S'more too! Maybe next year baby girl!
  • I got to redeem my free Birthday gift at Sephora last weekend and I must say I'm in love with the Sugar lips. My lips are seriously soft now! I only tried the natural one, and haven't tried the rose color yet but hope it's just as awesome as the natural. I love a free birthday gift! I also signed up with Starbucks and got a free skinny caramel Machiatto the other day and it was bliss in a cup!
  • So I've been trying to get organized lately, and found these great weekly planners to download and hang on the fridge. I love them because they help me meal plan, stay focused on the events of the week, and best of all there was even a place for prayer requests and scripture memory verses. I got the printable from Posts and Pixels. Click HERE to get one!
  • Thanks for the sweet comments on our Hawaii trip. I wish I was still on the program but I have been having wayyy too many glasses of wine and snacks and it all needs to stop! I decided to get back on board by making some more yummy yet healthy meals, and recently tried the skinny version of Cajun Chicken Pasta. I don't know about ya'll but this is one of my favorite meals to order when I'm at Chillis, so it was only natural that I'd try this slimmed up version. The verdict? It was delish! Scot had seconds and thirds and continued to comment how good it was. I substituted whole wheat Penne pasta instead of linguini and loved it. I wish I could take all the cred, but that all goes to Gina at skinnytaste.com. For the recipe, click on THIS link.
  • Well, this picture about sums up the fun times we've been having around here, getting our sillies out! I know ya'll are probably wondering what on Earth I'm doing with a pair of Ryder's underwear on my head. Well lately getting him dressed is the biggest challenge in the world. On top of trying to get him out of the bath tub, while balancing his baby sister at the same time. So I decided to start getting him to dress himself and he's done pretty well with it. I have been feeling like all I do is get on him to do this and do that, so I just wanted to have a little fun with him, so when he put his shorts on his head to be silly, I joined right along in the fun and put a (clean) pair of undies on my head. Needless to say he loved it and thought I was just the funniest afterwards. I wish all nights in doing the bedtime routine, complete with all the chaos, could be this fun!
  • Well, I'm off to check in on the kids to make sure they're settled in bed, but Happy Monday and hope you're week is off to a GREAT start!


3 comments:

  1. I love that your to-do list is held up by a Hawaii magnet! Almost every "big" trip we take, I get some kitschy tourist magnet and I love 'em :-) And I love recipes from Skinnytaste - so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't like the new blogger, do you? That picture of the cross from Ryder is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blogger hasnt updated yet. I hate change. I get all worked up so I am sure I will hate it at first :) Love the underwear on your head. Colt is luckily in a good getting dressed phase but we have been through the bad ones and they are no fun! I feel your pain. Sounds like you are handling it well!

    ReplyDelete