We have been busy around here lately, enjoying this awesomely warm Spring weather, by going to some fun playdates and going for family outings to some of the parks around town. A few weeks ago we were invited to a cookout at one of Scot's friends house. He has a sweet little girl named Katie, and she is just a few months younger than Ryder. It was cute to see them playing together, yet we had to remind Ryder to be gentle, as he is used to playing rough with his friends at school and in our play group that are boys.
The cutest thing was seeing their dog pull the kids in the wagon! Priceless. I think it's time we get Tucker to learn how to do tricks like this!
And of course after we tired from all of the wagon riding, it was time to cool off at the water table. Brynley wasn't so sure what to do with a big dog since she's so used to her yorkie, but I loved seeing her interact with the dog!
And my silly Ryder got himself wet playing in the water and then demanded to take off his shirt and pants. We had to stop him at taking his pants off though, because we were in company of the ladies haha! He is so particular when it comes to getting dirty and the child loves getting changed at least twice a day, along with taking as many baths or showers as we'd let him! (He takes after his Daddy afterall in this department haha!)
We've also had our share of playdates at Hope Park with our playgroup. These buds are definitely the Three Amigos and I pray that they will always stay good friends. My will is to have Ryder attend one of the Charter schools in our area, and I'm hoping his friends will too! It's crazy to think it's almost time to start considering schools in our area for Ryder, but he will be four this November!
Beckett, Topher, and Ryder
And the babies had a ball too! Brynley as always is my petite flower amidst these boys but she holds her own and made sure to take her toys back from them ha! She is three months younger than all the other babies, who were born in June. We joke that she's the true baby of the bunch. I loved seeing the babies play with one another this time though, and it just shows how much older they're all getting!
My sweet friend Sarah and Beckett
We've also been going for lots of walks around our neighborhood. I always try to get a walk in each day usually either before or after naptime(Brynley)/Quiet Time(Ryder). We have a few nature paths that we walk or I let Ryder ride his bike while I push Brynley in her stroller. We just love getting fresh air when we can and it always leads to better sleep that night! On days we're lucky, Scot joins us too which is one of the awesome things about him working from home and me staying at home with the kids now. I try to never take for granted this amazing opportunity, because I remember it wasn't that long ago that I would long to get to do this with my family when I was working.
I had also taken Ryder to some of the parks in our area where we walked around the lakes and ponds, fed the ducks and fish. Aren't these trees just beautiful? I couldn't get enough of them and hope to have a yard full of them one day! They just seem to say SPRING don't they? However they're also probably to blame for my allergies.
Living outside of Charlotte, at the lake, we have so many options when it comes to going outdoors. We had visited the Lake Norman State Park to attempt flying Ryder's kite. He'd recently been very interested in kites and so we promised him a day of kite flying. We only wish the wind had cooperated, but we did get a few strides in! It was still fun to visit the park for the afternoon!
Then just last weekend, we went shopping and then got out and went to Reedy Creek Park in Charlotte. I really wanted to go uptown, but Scot wanted to go here instead. We had gone before in the middle of Winter, and we weren't able to go on the trails because it was so cold! We were happy to revisit the park and take advantage of the warm weather this time!
Ryder was a happy boy to point out some of the animal tracks that were painted on the sidewalk! I was impressed that he identified the opossum and the raccoon tracks!
I had worn Brynley in her carrier so it was Scot's turn at the park. She did great too and eventually passed out while we were on our hiking trail! If only she napped that well at home some days.
Before we got out on the trails, we got to see the animal exhibits with snakes, salamanders, frogs and other insects and reptiles. It's just one of the things you have to do when you have a little boy! Ryder is very fascinated with them if they're behind glass or he can see them from a window, but scared to death of them when face to face outside! He loved these binoculars he got to use to inspect the exhibits!
Hanging out at the cool treehouse! I was proud of Ryder for facing his fears of climbing the big slide, and going it alone! I later joined him for a photo op though :)
Afterwards we went on a hike on the Umbrella Tree Trail. I had to laugh at Ryder with his map! He looked like such a grownup, and kept saying "We're looking for the Umbrella Tree!". Poor guy I really think he thought we were going to see real umbrellas on the trees, even after I explained that was just the name and not actual umbrellas haha.
After our hike we went back inside the nature center so Ryder could play once more with the binoculars and see the animals again. Brynley was very happy to get to stand up and look around at new surroundings! This has become one of her favorite things to do, and she's always happy on the go! Just like her Mommy and Daddy.
As the summer approaches, I'm sure we will be heading to many more parks, and attend many more playdates! We have had so much fun and the Spring is just beginning!

Gorgeous weather! Though I think that Tucker would probably collapse if he had to pull a wagon-full of kids :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm like you in that I try to get out with Joe at least once a day for a walk. We both feel better if we can manage it, and it's good to take advantage of the nice weather while we still can!
I am loving this weather! It looks like you have some great parks nearby you.
ReplyDelete