Monday, April 23, 2012

Reliving our Wedding Day 5 Years Ago

Saturday night, Scot and I reconnected and got to go back to where it all took place five years ago, when we got married on April 21st, 2007. We had dinner at North Harbor Club, where our rehersal dinner was held, and we noshed on appetizers and tasty cocktails! Best part of it all was just being back there where all of the memories came flooding back of that romantic night!
Even though the weather was predicted to be cloudy and rainy, God gave us the most perfect sunny day, and it was just like the weather of our Wedding Day 5 years ago! We enjoyed talking, laughing, and reminiscing about our Big Day, and about where our life has taken us these past years and two kids later. We even shared stories of where we want to be or where we see ourselves in the next five years! But most importantly we got to just be there with one another and catch up!





After dinner we set out for The Point where we got married and enjoyed champagne and had to get a few pictures of where we said our vows on that very same day, years ago. The funny thing is we both had to use the bathroom at this point, so we went into the Meeting House, which is where they held our reception, and there was a Prom party going on! We got many laughs in afterwards as we joked that we looked like old chaperones coming to crash their party, but at least we got to stand in the same place we partied on our Wedding Night!



After standing in the same spot we said "I Do", and sharing a kiss together, we sat and talked for a few hours (I think it was, we lost time once it got dark) in a deserted spot by the clubhouse.




 We left the Point County Club and headed home for dessert of Sweet cakes cupcakes! Scot and I had white cake with fresh strawberries as a filling, so we tried to come as close to the recreation of ou wedding cake as best as we could, with these raspberry filled goodies! We also tried their Butter Pecan and the Salted Caramel. OH MY YUMMINESS! I obviously didn't have great pictures, because I was so hungry that I barely got one cupcake on my fancy paper plate before devouring it!

Overall this was by far the best Anniversary I've ever had! I'm sure we would have had a great tme in Hilton Head, but I'm so happy we got to reminisce at the same places we got married at.


3 comments:

  1. Aw happy 5 years! That is really awesome! Congratulations! Looks like you two had a wonderful time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great anniversary!! John and I went out to eat for our anniversary. I dont know how I forget that our anniversary is prom season every year, but I do and then we go out and I suddenly remember.

    Here's to several more years of happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete