- Happy Monday!
- I hope that your Easter was wonderful! We had such a great time at the beach and I have a whole post coming your way about the fun we had. In fact I have a whole post lineup of ones that I have in mind that I want to do, it's just finding time in the day to post them.
- Between having Ryder out of preschool for Spring Break and spending more time with him, plus going away to Hawaii a few weeks ago and then the beach, I have just been trying to play catch up. And it seems that once again blogging has taken a backseat.
- Yes I realize I've been home now for 3 weeks since Hawaii, so I should stop using that one as an excuse still, but for some reason I just can't find the time like I once did.
- Oh yeah, and while I'm making up excuses, we can go ahead and add that Brynley's (7 month growth spurt + feeding schedule routine change up) has also left me feeling much more tired and with a lot less time to blog than I once did.
- But all these excuses aside, I have really missed routine blogging and I'm hoping that once Ryder is back in school this week that I can get back on track!
- So back to Easter, did ya'll dye Easter eggs or hide the plastic ones?
- We used the good old fashioned egg dyeing kit (Paas I think) and were blown away roaming the shelves of Target and trying to choose one for purchase.
- When did the art of egg dyeing get so many options? Tye Dyed ones, baseball stickers, even 3D! We opted for the traditional one with 9 various colors in the pack and Ryder had a ball!
- For giggles, here is Ryder last year at Easter with his basket full of plastic eggs. Being pregnant I wasn't willing to dye eggs with a very impatient 2 year old.
- And here I am just glowing with my sweet baby bump, enjoying an Easter at Holden Beach
- Yes, here I am with that sweet bump! (Though I see now I was carrying more of my bump in my thighs than my stomach haha!!)
- And here we are Easter morning this year on or way to the Chapel By the Sea for church. Ryder had gotten his finger caught in the sliding glass door as we opened it and Scot was squinting from the sun, but hey I still had to get a picture as a family of four this Easter!
- And here was our next attempt after church from a different angle, Scot still squinting and Brynley not looking but at least our Ryder bug was smiling from ear to ear!
- This morning we opened our second bag of coffee we brought back from Hawaii and it was so so so good! It brought back memories from our wonderful relaxing trip and I longed to go back already! I got to enjoy my cup of coffee while reading my Jesus Calling app on my phone and all was right with the world. I didn't quite make it to the gym this morning, but this was an even better way to start my day.
- I have been trying so hard to continue this as part of my daily routine and it usually makes a huge difference. However, today was quite challenging, as we are adjusting once again back to being back home and Ryder is having to once again learn to play by himself after having lots of undivided attention from everyone while at the beach!
- I later asked Ryder tonight, after putting him back to bed for the 3rd time, what it was that he wasn't understanding about him not listening about staying put once we've tucked him in bed. He replied "Mommy I just wanted you to play Thomas Gold Mine but you just did the dishes all day". Yes Ryder that about sums my day up buddy haha!
- Just when I thought we were in the clear for making messes, I was feeding Brynley her breakfast in the kitchen and noticed Ryder had made a few trips up and down the stairs, carrying something in his arms. On second glance I saw that he was scribbling away on his paint pad but he seemed okay when I checked in on him.
- Moments later he came running in the room I was in and said "Mommy LOOK what I made!" Arms and face covered in marker, he then asked would I get him cleaned up.
He didn't want to show his face because at first I told him it was beautiful and that he'd have to wear it, but then I laughed and took his pictures and told him that yes we would get him all cleaned up.
- As I cleaned him up, I asked Ryder what it was he was drawing and he explained he was a Tiger drawing his stripes haha!
- I was so happy to see that our favorite local produce stand in town was open for the season! We loaded up on fresh squash, zucchini, sweet onions, sweet potatoes, and I really wanted to get some local honey to start taking once a day for these Spring allergies, but they didn't have any. I know ya'll may think that's just an old wives tale but I'm here to tell you my allergies this Spring don't compare to years past with a washcloth to my puffy red eyes and face!
- It was a challenging yet fun Monday and I hope your day is off to a great week!

Beautiful family Easter picture! Its amazing the difference a year makes. Love the comment about you doing the dishes. That sounds like something Colt would say!
ReplyDelete