Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Valentines Tea Party

 This past Thursday, I continued to celebrate Valentines Day by attending a Valentines Day Tea at MOPS. One of the girls I've met through MOPS, and who I now consider a dear friend, came to pick us up since Scot was working at the event uptown Charlotte and had the car. I'd never seen Ryder so happy as he was to be able to sit next to his bff, Topher, in the backseat together! They were giggling and making silly noises from the back while the babies snoozed and Alyssa and I actually got to chat a few minutes! And this is why I love MOPS and the fellowship and friendships I have met through it. To assure me that I am not alone in this season of life raising my babies ha!
 This is the director of MOPS, who is so sweet and her mom throws sweet tea parties for her friends, so she thought of us and wanted to throw a tea party for us as well. I'd never been to a tea party before, but I was so excited when we walked in and I saw how pretty the tablescapes were! I actually for the first time, checked Brynley into the nursery and was so happy to just get to relax and enjoy the party with my fellow mommy friends I've met. It was interesting to learn the origins of tea and tea parties, and it made me want to one day have tea parties with Brynley as she gets older too. Oh the joys of having a girl!
 This was one of the conversation starters at our table. We usually don't need any help with getting a conversation started though, as we can all get pretty chatty as we get ready to chow down at each meeting!



 Every detail was so elegant and I loved the way it was setup. And then it was time to eat! I have always loved hot tea and sometimes add milk to mine (English way) and other times I drink it black with no sugar or anything added. I would love to get some good teas sometime, and I was reminded again just how much I love it. I am definitely a coffee drinker, but there's something calming about drinking hot tea.


 The sweet ladies who helped put the tea party together, otherwise known as the "Mentors" to us young moms. Each meeting, we are gathered at tables to share stories with one another, eat yummy meals together, and learn through scripture and guest speakers about so many different things. It has really helped me to get the hang of being a stay at home mom and this past week has been rough for sure! I may have gone stir crazy had it not been for being able to get out of the house and enjoy the time with these ladies.



 Oh the food was so yummy I couldn't decide what to choose from!
 So naturally, I decided to sample one of each ha! And going along with all of the eating I'd done earlier this week, I figured I'd just start over on Monday. I loved the tea sandwiches and all of the desserts were delicious! I was very impressed with every detail that went into making the tea party so special for us.
 Alyssa and Me
 Gina and I
And a group shot (missing one of the girls from our little play group). It was a special day for us girls and I left feeling so loved by all of the women in MOPS. I do hope to one day put together a fun tea party like this for Brynley and I, or some of her friends too.

2 comments:

  1. how fun to get to go to a tea party!! Everything looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to find a MOPS group! That food looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete