Monday, February 20, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  •  So it's been one crazy long weekend with Scot being away working an event, but somehow I'm shocked that it's already Monday!
  • How is your Monday going so far? Usually I just dread Mondays and I get in a mood on Sunday night just thinking about the weekend coming to an end, but this wasn't the case this past weekend because I was actually looking forward to the week and to spend time with Scot.
  • So here's some random Blonde Moments for your enjoyment!
  • One day last week I was downstairs changing the laundry out when I realized it was unusually quiet in Ryder's room. When I went back upstairs to check on him, I saw that he had tried coloring his mouth blue! And that's when I saw the rest of his room.

  • Ryder had colored his Melissa & Doug ice cream set with the cupcake decorator marker (which was a dry erase type marker), as well as his carpet!
  • It's still currently blue. I tried getting it out with different products, but just never got around to going to Target to try more cleaning stuff to get it out.
  • I posted this on Facebook and got a lot of laughs from my friends! I guess these are the moments I will one day cherish.
  • I have so many of Brynley's clothes that are too small so I put them in the garage in bags. I really need to go through them and figure out which ones I'm giving to Goodwill and figure out what to do with the rest. I'm thinking of bringing it to my MOPS and see if anyone wants them. The irony is that everyone seems to be having a boy so I wish I had someone that had a girl.
  • Despite the cold weather we've had recently, I noticed that my sweet tulips are starting to come up! This makes me happy just thinking that Spring is near, and I can't wait to have our 6 month portraits taken outside with the beautiful flowers by the same photographer who shot Brynley's newborn photos.
  • Speaking of that, I still haven't framed all of them! Honestly we get so busy that I don't think about it, and when we were considering selling the house I didn't want more holes in the walls.
  • I really need to get a move on things and hang them up!

  • My mom and stepdad came over on Saturday because it was my stepdad's birthday. We had a good time with them and Ryder just lights up when they are around. I wish at times that my relationship with my inlaws was better and that they lived in North Carolina so that Ryder could see them more often too.
  • Brynley was good for my Mom, which I was a bit worried because when she was younger she was much fussier around other people who held her, and I want her to be good for my mom while we're in Hawaii.
  • I currently have all of my spring and summer clothes still piled near my suitcases because I'm procrastinating and am afraid to try shorts and sundresses on! I know. I don't have much longer to procrastinate.
  • While Scot was working over the weekend, my mom took us to the mall on Sunday afternoon and Ryder got to ride the merry-go-round. Do you call it Carousel or Merry-Go-Round? I call it both I guess, but just wondered what the consensus was on that.

  • Ryder had fun with his Nana while Brynley and I waited and took pictures. She did great in her Baby K'Tan carrier through the mall. It's always a struggle with Ryder because he never wants to sit in his stroller. This is why we didn't get a double stroller. This day however, he wanted to it in the stroller so I was glad he was cooperative for my Mom.
  • By the time we got home, it wasn't long before Scot got home and we were so happy to see him. It had been cold and dreary all day and I was surprised that as we were finishing getting a bath, that Scot called out to come see. It had started to snow!!
  • Ryder was so excited that he started doing laps around the livingroom
  • I got so excited I opened the door to take a picture
  • And Tucker got so excited that he seized the opportunity to run out the door. In the snow. Silly dog!
  • Since Ryder and I were in just a towel, poor Scot, tired from working and standing on his feet all weekend, had to go outside and chase Tucker down.
  • Luckily he found Tucker down a few townhomes down the way, and he definitely got a spanking and a doggie timeout for running off! I guess all of us being so excited got him all excited.
  • The snow has since melted, but I was glad we at least got to see some snow!
  • How was your weekend?
  • After the doozy of the weekend we had, I'm hoping the rest of this week will be good. Brynley has been a bit fussier than usual now for the past week, and Ryder too so I'm praying they aren't getting sick. There is so much yuck going around still, that I find myself wishing Spring to get here already!
  • And that's saying a lot considering I wanted one more good snowfall for the year!
  • I heard that Emily Maynard will be the new Bachelorette and they will film here in Charlotte. Scot is friends with one of her best friends, and she said that Emily has changed so much since being on the Bachelor, and that she's "Hollywood" now. I guess this happens to the best of them!
  • I still can't wait to watch it though!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... never really thought about the whole carousel/merry-go-round thing! I guess I call it a merry-go-round if it's in the playground where kids sit on it and the parents push it around, and a carousel if it's the automated ride :-)

    I know what you mean about the baby clothes! We are hoping to have another at some point (not soon!) so I periodically go through and thin them out, then put them in under-bed (or under-crib) storage boxes. Have you thought about bringing them into a consignment shop or posting them as a bulk lot on eBay? My sisters LOVE to get their baby clothes in bulk lots on eBay - might as well get some money back! Though sometimes it's more hassle than it's worth :-)

    ReplyDelete