Monday, February 27, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Happy Monday!
  • Or shall I say Happy Monday Night!
  • I got in my car and this is what the temperature read!
  • How did we go from snow to summer in a matter of a day?
  • The weekend came and went, but we enjoyed a cheat night on Friday and chowed down on nachos and decided to try these Margaritas.
  • I don't really do malt beverage drinks after my Zima with skittles at the bottom days, back in my college years, but these were very yummy and surprisingly tasted like a fresh margarita
  • I long for the day we get to venture out to Mexico where I can try authentic nachos and margaritas. We have plans to go on a cruise to Mexico next year for my birthday and I can't wait!
  • I have never been to Mexico before but have always wanted to go. We were supposed to go a few years ago, but due to the Swine Flu outbreak, they limited the destinations and we just went to Labadee (Royal Caribbean) instead
  • I'm a lover for all things coconut, so it's only natural that I have become obsessed with this yummy coconut milk! It's so good that I put it in my coffee and cereal too.
  • I stopped by the dental office I worked at to pick up my Girl Scout cookies and to actually make Ryder's first dental cleaning appointment.
  • It was good to see everyone and it hit me when I realized being back there and how blessed I am to get to stay home with my babies. No matter how hard being a mom can be, I wouldn't trade it for the world to go back to being a full time working Mommy!
  • Ryder was very happy to have these cookies, but continued to refer to them as "The Lemon Cookies" and when I reminded him they were in fact Girl Scout cookies, he then corrected me to say "No Mommy, these aren't girls cookies!"
  • I am proud to say that there is still a half of the Samoa (coconut) cookies left!
  • I wish I could say the same for these Lemonades cookies
  • It was a low key weekend and I was so glad to have Scot back home from his business trip, but the inevitable happened and Brynley got her first cold.
  • It started with Ryder on Thursday, and then mde it's way through me, then Brynley, and now Scot has it too. Poor Brynley is so congested and running a low grade fever and as her Mommy I feel so bad for her! She just wants to lay on my chest and be rocked.
  • Despite the fact that everyone was a bit under the weather today, I kept my hair appointment at the salon and got my hair cut and highlighted.
  • It had been eleven weeks since my last appointment!
  • Not intentionally
  • And here's after. Not much difference, and I always like my hair better the day after because I don't like all of the product that they use, but I LOVE being a blonde and I love the way I feel after getting my hair done. It's like the life comes back to me!
  • Itwas a nice break to get pampered, and when I came home, Ryder was hilarious and wanted to wear my shoes!
  • He had been so sweet all morning before I left, and we had "Carnival Day" and he was so proud of making a clown craft with me. We were having such a good morning that I almost forgot he had woken us up about 12 times the night before, getting in bed with us.
  • By about the fifth time of taking him back upstairs, I was so exhausted that I contemplated just staying up in his room with him until he fell asleep
  • And you would think the baby would be the one waking up all night, yet she slept through the night!
  • Well, I wish that I had more randoms to write about, but it's getting late and I should have written this post earlier, but by the time I got home from the hair salon I had to get dinner going
  • Alright, that's all for now!

4 comments:

  1. I love that scarf! Sorry your family got hit with the cold bug, it is so not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is feeling better, I hate it when the babies are sick! I have been to Mexico several times and I love it! But, it's the only carribean place we have been to, I'm sure they're all great. I have never tried that coconut milk, I might have to give it a try. I'm not a huge coconut fan, but I have heard the milk is good

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute about the "girl's cookies" ;-)

    I know what you mean, re: going to the salon. It always makes me feel much better. And 11 weeks is about my standard length of time - crazy, but that's just how it usually ends up working out! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four things:

    1) Skittles and Zima = AWESOME! I have never heard of that. I had only heard of Jolly Ranchers and Zima. I have never liked beer and always was a malt liquor girl...pre wine days.
    2) Ok, another thing we have in common. We went on a Royal Carribbean cruise several years ago. We had two stops in Mexico and they rerouted us to other destinations because one of the engines broke and they couldn't get the speed to get there!
    3) Love your hair. I sometimes still consider myself a blonde. I was blonde until 25 and then gave it up and went natural. Its so much easier :)
    4.) Sula slept through the night the other night and of course Colt got up at like 3AM. Go figure. Ha.

    ReplyDelete