Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 24 Weeks!

"Brynley, Beautiful Brynley
Sweet Little Brynley
My Baby Girl",
(Mommy's song to you that I always sing)
 February 28th, 2012
24 Weeks!
This picture pretty much sums up the way you've been feeling the past few days, as you experienced your first cold my poor baby. Mommy has been giving you lots of cuddles and hug and you seem to be feeling a little bit better, but are so congested that it breaks my heart! You only had a low grade fever, but it's been enough to make you uncomfortable. We have been giving you a few doses of medicine and running your humidifier at night to help as much as we can with your breathing.
Here's what you've been up to this past week, besides getting your first cold.
Lately, Ryder's terms of endearment for you is "Sweet Potato Cutie". Heloves you so so much and you love him just as much. You watch everything that he does, and get frustrated when you can't do exactly what he's doing. I'm sure this will get even worse as you want to play with his toys, eat the foods he gets to eat, and walk or run with as much speed as he has!
Just recently we started putting you to bed without a swaddle. It all came around the same time that you got sick, but after coming up to your nursery to see you rolled over on your stomach, I realized we really needed to be done with the swaddle for good. I had been giving you the swaddle and just wrapping our legs, but decided you could still get tangled up in the blanket and I feel better about the chances of you getting stuck sans swaddle now.
You seem to be enjoying Tummy Time better, and I think this is mostly in part to the fact that you can roll over so easy now. You used to get so mad because you wanted to go from your back to stomach or the other way around, and now if you want a toy or to get a different view, you just roll your way there. You have also started throwing a toy that you're playing with on the floor across the room. I was a bit taken back the first time you did this because I didn't realize you knew how to do this, but since then have done it quite a bit so I think it's just a fun game you like to play.
I've been talking about that sweet scrunched up nose act that you do for awhile now, and I was finally able to ge you on camera doing it! It cracks me up and I don't know where you got this from, but I love it!

I continue to feed you rice cereal each morning and plan to try oatmeal soon too. I also want to give you your first taste of baby food. I wanted to wait until we came home from Hawaii before introducing a new food to you though. I can just tell that you're going to love food by the way that you stare at us when we're eating. I'm also wondering if this is why you get so fussy during our meal times.
You also play games like the "Drop it" game, and love throwing things off of your highchair to get the reaction as it hits the floor. I remember as your brother went through this phase too, and I remember it gets worse ha!
Nana got you a few new outfits, and this cute zebra outfit was one of them. I love love love having a little girl to dress and it was unseasonably warm that day so I loved seeing you in the dress with those chub a wub baby legs! I could just eat them up, seriously!
You are just a rolling machine and I don't think it will be long before you start "creeping" too! You pretty much roll the minute I lay you on your blanket to have playtime, or the minute I lay you in your crib. It scared me at first because you went right to the side where your bumper is, but it seems like it soothes you some.
This was on our way to a playdate a few days ago, and I could not take your picture without your silly brother patting you. I really think that he thinks you're a toy sometimes the way he fawns all over you! But can you blame him? You really are a baby doll ha!
Yep, you will definitely be "creeping" soon and then crawling! I caught you trying to get on the move and you totally looked like you were in the crawling position. Where is time going?
You just have the sweetest nature about you and love to give baby hugs. You squeeze onto me and it's so sweet! I could stay like that forever and it makes me smile just thinking about those baby hugs!
We've really been working with you to practice letting you stand. You get so angry when we try to put you on the floor to sit, so instead we started pulling you up and you would stop crying right away. You just want to be into everything and not miss a beat! You especially love Ryder's train table because it's the perfect height for you and has lots of fun things to look and play with too!

Yep, you were totally showing off standing up on your own! It's been a fun week with you and I just pray that you will feel better soon and I will continue to do anything I can to make you better. I love you so much sweet girl! Happy 24 Weeks :)

Love Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Look at her standing! Sula is the same way in that she gets fussy because she wants me to pull her into a stand but I have never tried to let her hang on to something. I will have to try that as well with her!!

    You looks so skinny!

    ReplyDelete