5:48 am Ryder taps my shoulder asking to get in bed w me. I realize Scot isn't next to me. Must be at the gym.
5:49 am I glance at the clock next to me, squinting to read what time it is and realize why my eyes are stinging, because it's only 5:49 in the morning and it feels like I just got back to bed!
5:49 am Tucker jumps off bed and starts whining to be let
outside to pee (or "go hurry" as we say).
5:50 am I somehow find my way to the back door to let Tucker outside. On closer inspection you can see our system of putting the leash on Tucker and letting him out. This is especially convenient today since there's snow on the ground!
5:55 am We go back to my bed in hopes of falling asleep before Brynley wakes.
6:01 am "mommy do we have anymore of those cherries?" followed by lots of whispers in my ear and pulling my shoulder saying "huggy huggy"
me: "what cherries?" "the ones at the mall yesterday"
I realize we aren't going back to sleep.
6:06 am turn on Octonauts and fix Ryder French toast sticks, and organic vanilla soy milkas requested
6:08 am make myself a cup of coffee. Dark magic after last night! I ask Ryder if he needs to potty. He says he already has before he got in my bed. I'm impressed!
6:13 am time to get a look of myself in the mirror. Yikes! Put contacts in and gym clothes on for the gym so I'll be ready for when Scot gets back
6:26 am time to pump since Brynley still isn't up yet! After the night she had I'm not surprised she's still sleeping. Make another toaster French toast stick for Ryder and clean up the mess Scot left behind, of coffee grinds in the sink, bottles from last night. I get to pumping. I catch up on my blog reading.
6:37 am I can hear Brynley stirring in her crib upstairs so I pump what I can and plan to nurse her if she cries before it's time to workout. This changes each morning. Some days she wakes and we bring her downstairs in bed w us where I nurse her and she goes down in our bed. Then I don't pump I just get ready for the gym. Ryder was the first out of bed today though so we started early!
6:41 Brynley wakes crying so I stop pumping. Huge difference in amts pumped from each side! I get Brynley and bring her downstairs to nurse.
6:55 Brynley doesn't nurse long, doesn't seem herself and I'm wondering if it's her teeth. She feels a tad warm. Scot gets home and I put milk I'd pumped in freezer bag. Get shoes on and drink a big glass of water before getting my headphones, keys and bottled water for gym.
7:10 am get to Golds Gym. Love their motto "know that showing up is half the battle" so true! Run into former patient. Awkward considering I'm in tank top and he's always seen me dressed up at the dental office. Chat a few minutes. Explain I'm now a stay at home mom.
Ready to hit the treadmill! I ran a few minutes yesterday (gasp!) so well see if I can do it again! Headphones on, set iPhone to Pandora and get going while listening to some upbeat Cascada! Tv on the news.Talking about Whitney Houston again. Probably now my fave time of day. My "Laura time" at it's best! (Not the Whitney Houston part, just getting some "me" time to workout in general)
7:41 am after 30 minutes of fast paced cardio time to hit the weights. I always work on butt thigh and abs. Need to do better on weights for toning my arms!
8am I make sure to get home by 8 so Scot can get to work! He hands off the baby, I nurse her, Ryder asks to "mommy, play your phone?"
8:15 am I finish nursing Brynley. She doesn't seem hungry. I change her, take rectal temp. 101 so not much of one, so I dress her, lay her on blanket to play, and fix myself breakfast finally. Today it's oatmeal and hot green tea.
8:20 am Brynley is very upset so I come back and she's rolled over and mad as a hornet
8:31 am still fussy so I give her some teething tabs and a paci
8:35 am I attempt eating breakfast again while holding her
8:50 am get Ryder dressed and we head out to play in what snow is left
9:15 am head back inside to do a craft with Ryder. Brynley still napping in her crib! We learned letter "U" last week so today we did an umbrella activity I found from notimeforflashcards.com and we worked on the letter "W". At Ryders request we then colored pictures and let our umbrellas dry.
10:04 am snack time and Ryder wanted to watch Wow Wow Wubzy while I prepped things for tonights dinner which is meatloaf and potatoes. I got the recipe from Cooking Light but just use lean ground beef instead of the ground veal and ground pork.
10:21 am Brynley wakes from her nap. I hold off on feeding as long as I can. Start a load of dishes in dishwasher. Wait for 11 am while Ryder finishes his snack. During this time we read books and Ryder has relay races to get rid of some energy
10:50 am Ryder announces he needs to potty (number 2) and so proud of himself that he can go and wipe by himself
10:56 am time to nurse Brynley again!
11:10 am I take a quick shower while Brynley in bouncer seat and Ryder watches Olivia. I'm so proud of Ryder as her name comes on screen he yells out each letter
11:20 Ryder hears shower and comes running in. Kill 2 birds w one stone and we both get cleaned up
11:41 I feed Brynley rice cereal since she didn't have it for breakfast since so fussy. She does great and even seems to anticipate the next bite! Clean Brynley up from her rice and then I chug water. I'm always trying to do this as much as I can through the day but it's harder than you'd think while tending to a baby
11:55 am I fix Ryder's lunch: bologna and cheese w mustard and pretzels with milk. Unload dishwasher. Start a load of laundry as Ryder tumbles by with wrestling moves. Scot comes down, takes shower and helps w laundry and dishwasher. Give Brynley more teething tabs since she's crying hysterically. Let Tucker outside to pee, feed Tucker. All while holding Brynley of course. Spill Tucker's food. Fun. Clean it up.
12:30 pm Ryder finishes lunch, I put Brynley down for nap in crib and Ryder goes upstairs for quiet time for at least an hr. straighten toys. Add some things to bags in garage of Brynleys blankets and clothes that are too small. I make my lunch finally, leftover chili. Finally have a minute to relax, eat in peace and watch Real Housewives of Atlanta. Some days I blog during nap but I'm tired from last night and just ready to veg out while I can.
12:32 pm just get ready to sit down and I hear Ryder. "can I have more pretzels?" I resist urge to grab cheddar sour cream potato chips for myself and give Ryder a bowl of pretzels. Hear clang as his bowl crashes and pretzels everywhere.
Finally sit to eat. My chilli is cold so I heat it up and grab a handful of chips to stop my craving.
12:44 pm Ryder yells down to me "I need help. He had potty issues. Time to assist him, then finish RHOA.
1:11 pm Ryder makes a ton of noise upstairs jumping around and asked to play playdoh so I get his playdoh. Then by this point all of the commotion has woken Brynley up. I bring her down and put her in her swing to finish her nap. Scot offers to take Ryder to grocery store to get another lb of ground beef for the meatloaf tonight. Ahhh peace and again.
1:22 and she's up again.. Switch laundry and put clothes in dryer. Nursed Brynley, changed her and playtime again! Scot wrestles w Ryder while I play with Brynley. (yes I'm still in clothes from gym and hair in ponytail as Brynley tries to eat it and grabs it).
2:21 pm Brynley makes friends with her horsey and Scot and I watch Live with Kelly taped in Hawaii. We get excited as they show clips of a catamaran tour where they saw whales! 2more weeks!!
2:56 pm Brynley plays in her Jumparoo while Ryder has a tantrum bc he wants gum and chocolate. Scot makes his meatloaf. I try to console Ryder, realize he's hungry which is why the big tantrum.
Meanwhile Brynley gets very fussy where pretty much nothing consoles her. Definitely hardest part of having a baby besides the losing sleep before they start sleeping through the night. I give her a paci and she calms down after I also give her more teething tabs. My pitiful girl.
3:25pm Brynley finally cried herself to sleep in crib. I got a few minutes so I wrote some things in her baby book. Whew! Just checked on her and she was sound asleep with arms out. Maybe I just need to do this more often.
4:15 pm Brynley wakes from her nap. I fed her a bottle (supply low at this time of day) then change her diaper and get ready to eat dinner. Pour a glass of wine. Ahh almost end of the day!
4:35pm dinner is served :) compliments to my husband the chef. We gave Ryder leftover whole wheat pasta, and I didn't even try battling tonight w meatloaf.
4:52 pick up kitchen start dishwasher and go in living room to play Wii. This is our saving grace to help when Ryder starts his "witching hour" fussy spell before we settle in our bedroom.
5:30 pm Between watching the Wii game then the movie Planet 51 that came on, I went upstairs to print coupons to give Ryder some Daddy time. Brynley was on the floor playing some during that time
6 pm Turn off tv, lights in livingroom, and head to our bedroom to start getting everyone settled in for the night
6:10 pm give Brynley a bath. Ryder gets in too. We get out and leave Ryder to take his bath.
6:29 pm dry Brynley off from her bath. She gets wide eyed before taking her bath and gets SO excited when we say "Are you ready for your bath??" diaper Brynley, lotion her up and dress Brynley in Jammie's. Feed her a large 6 oz bottle breast milk and a scoop of formula. Ryder finishes his bath. Get him out of the tub, after asking him 15 times (what felt like) to get out. He was pumping his and Brynleys baby soap and "washing" the tub. Dry Ryder off, change him to his Jammie's, he jumps off bed and runs off to living room (without even a towel on ha!), wants me to chase him. Fix a bowl of Cheerios, try feeding him one last meal in attempt to get him to sleep later tomorrow. After like 4 attempts he finally decides he's hungry. Again this is where the food battles begin!
Meanwhile Scot tries getting Brynley to eat her bottle as she's screaming entire time. Give her orajel. Turn tv off. Peace and quiet as we try getting kids fed before bed. Continue trying to get Ryder to take bites of Cheerios as Brynley cries between sips of her bottle.
7pm brush Ryder's teeth go upstairs. I take Brynley in her room while Scot takes Ryder in his room and starts reading books. I finish feeding Brynley with lights off in rocking chair, swaddle her and give her a paci. Lay her in bed after turning on monitor and sound machine. Meet Scot and Ryder in his room to finish reading books and say prayers together. Tonight it's shark book and The Hungry Caterpillar.
7:21 on Scot and I somehow get both kids settled and get our snack which is cereal and watch Amazing Race. (bad lighting for the iPhone camera, but I still wanted to relish in our "AHHH..peace finally" moment ha ha!)
7:30pm Ryder comes down the stairs but we ignore him to see what he does and he passes out on the floor. We finish Amazing Race and take him back upstairs, let Tucker out for the night, total calories on fitness pal and then I take out my contacts and we brush our teeth and asleep by 8:45 pm because we're so tired from the past few days/ nights of not sleeping well and getting up w Brynley
11:19 pm my night to get up I feed Brynley and she's rolled over on her stomach when I come to get her to feed her! Good thing I didn't swaddle her arms. I give more teething tabs and she drank almost 5 oz formula.
12 am (I think) Ryder sashayed his way to our bed and crawls in bed with us. I tell him to get in bed but I'm so tired I didn't follow through and make him go to his room.
3 am Scot gets up w Brynley. He doesn't swaddle her and so she won't settle down! U go up to try settling her. Back to bed by 4 am. Toss and turn, Scot takes Ryder back to his bed and it's 7 am when I wake again. Ryder at my bed asking for breakfast. Sunlight coming in so I know it's later than usual. Ready for another day but first wheres my coffee!
5:49 am Tucker jumps off bed and starts whining to be let
outside to pee (or "go hurry" as we say).
5:55 am We go back to my bed in hopes of falling asleep before Brynley wakes.
6:01 am "mommy do we have anymore of those cherries?" followed by lots of whispers in my ear and pulling my shoulder saying "huggy huggy"
me: "what cherries?" "the ones at the mall yesterday"
I realize we aren't going back to sleep.
6:06 am turn on Octonauts and fix Ryder French toast sticks, and organic vanilla soy milkas requested
6:08 am make myself a cup of coffee. Dark magic after last night! I ask Ryder if he needs to potty. He says he already has before he got in my bed. I'm impressed!
6:13 am time to get a look of myself in the mirror. Yikes! Put contacts in and gym clothes on for the gym so I'll be ready for when Scot gets back
6:26 am time to pump since Brynley still isn't up yet! After the night she had I'm not surprised she's still sleeping. Make another toaster French toast stick for Ryder and clean up the mess Scot left behind, of coffee grinds in the sink, bottles from last night. I get to pumping. I catch up on my blog reading.
6:37 am I can hear Brynley stirring in her crib upstairs so I pump what I can and plan to nurse her if she cries before it's time to workout. This changes each morning. Some days she wakes and we bring her downstairs in bed w us where I nurse her and she goes down in our bed. Then I don't pump I just get ready for the gym. Ryder was the first out of bed today though so we started early!
6:41 Brynley wakes crying so I stop pumping. Huge difference in amts pumped from each side! I get Brynley and bring her downstairs to nurse.
6:55 Brynley doesn't nurse long, doesn't seem herself and I'm wondering if it's her teeth. She feels a tad warm. Scot gets home and I put milk I'd pumped in freezer bag. Get shoes on and drink a big glass of water before getting my headphones, keys and bottled water for gym.
7:10 am get to Golds Gym. Love their motto "know that showing up is half the battle" so true! Run into former patient. Awkward considering I'm in tank top and he's always seen me dressed up at the dental office. Chat a few minutes. Explain I'm now a stay at home mom.
Ready to hit the treadmill! I ran a few minutes yesterday (gasp!) so well see if I can do it again! Headphones on, set iPhone to Pandora and get going while listening to some upbeat Cascada! Tv on the news.Talking about Whitney Houston again. Probably now my fave time of day. My "Laura time" at it's best! (Not the Whitney Houston part, just getting some "me" time to workout in general)
7:41 am after 30 minutes of fast paced cardio time to hit the weights. I always work on butt thigh and abs. Need to do better on weights for toning my arms!
8am I make sure to get home by 8 so Scot can get to work! He hands off the baby, I nurse her, Ryder asks to "mommy, play your phone?"
8:15 am I finish nursing Brynley. She doesn't seem hungry. I change her, take rectal temp. 101 so not much of one, so I dress her, lay her on blanket to play, and fix myself breakfast finally. Today it's oatmeal and hot green tea.
8:20 am Brynley is very upset so I come back and she's rolled over and mad as a hornet
8:31 am still fussy so I give her some teething tabs and a paci
8:35 am I attempt eating breakfast again while holding her
8:50 am get Ryder dressed and we head out to play in what snow is left
9:15 am head back inside to do a craft with Ryder. Brynley still napping in her crib! We learned letter "U" last week so today we did an umbrella activity I found from notimeforflashcards.com and we worked on the letter "W". At Ryders request we then colored pictures and let our umbrellas dry.
10:04 am snack time and Ryder wanted to watch Wow Wow Wubzy while I prepped things for tonights dinner which is meatloaf and potatoes. I got the recipe from Cooking Light but just use lean ground beef instead of the ground veal and ground pork.
10:21 am Brynley wakes from her nap. I hold off on feeding as long as I can. Start a load of dishes in dishwasher. Wait for 11 am while Ryder finishes his snack. During this time we read books and Ryder has relay races to get rid of some energy
10:50 am Ryder announces he needs to potty (number 2) and so proud of himself that he can go and wipe by himself
10:56 am time to nurse Brynley again!
11:10 am I take a quick shower while Brynley in bouncer seat and Ryder watches Olivia. I'm so proud of Ryder as her name comes on screen he yells out each letter
11:20 Ryder hears shower and comes running in. Kill 2 birds w one stone and we both get cleaned up
11:41 I feed Brynley rice cereal since she didn't have it for breakfast since so fussy. She does great and even seems to anticipate the next bite! Clean Brynley up from her rice and then I chug water. I'm always trying to do this as much as I can through the day but it's harder than you'd think while tending to a baby
11:55 am I fix Ryder's lunch: bologna and cheese w mustard and pretzels with milk. Unload dishwasher. Start a load of laundry as Ryder tumbles by with wrestling moves. Scot comes down, takes shower and helps w laundry and dishwasher. Give Brynley more teething tabs since she's crying hysterically. Let Tucker outside to pee, feed Tucker. All while holding Brynley of course. Spill Tucker's food. Fun. Clean it up.
12:30 pm Ryder finishes lunch, I put Brynley down for nap in crib and Ryder goes upstairs for quiet time for at least an hr. straighten toys. Add some things to bags in garage of Brynleys blankets and clothes that are too small. I make my lunch finally, leftover chili. Finally have a minute to relax, eat in peace and watch Real Housewives of Atlanta. Some days I blog during nap but I'm tired from last night and just ready to veg out while I can.
12:32 pm just get ready to sit down and I hear Ryder. "can I have more pretzels?" I resist urge to grab cheddar sour cream potato chips for myself and give Ryder a bowl of pretzels. Hear clang as his bowl crashes and pretzels everywhere.
Finally sit to eat. My chilli is cold so I heat it up and grab a handful of chips to stop my craving.
12:44 pm Ryder yells down to me "I need help. He had potty issues. Time to assist him, then finish RHOA.
1:11 pm Ryder makes a ton of noise upstairs jumping around and asked to play playdoh so I get his playdoh. Then by this point all of the commotion has woken Brynley up. I bring her down and put her in her swing to finish her nap. Scot offers to take Ryder to grocery store to get another lb of ground beef for the meatloaf tonight. Ahhh peace and again.
1:22 and she's up again.. Switch laundry and put clothes in dryer. Nursed Brynley, changed her and playtime again! Scot wrestles w Ryder while I play with Brynley. (yes I'm still in clothes from gym and hair in ponytail as Brynley tries to eat it and grabs it).
2:21 pm Brynley makes friends with her horsey and Scot and I watch Live with Kelly taped in Hawaii. We get excited as they show clips of a catamaran tour where they saw whales! 2more weeks!!
2:56 pm Brynley plays in her Jumparoo while Ryder has a tantrum bc he wants gum and chocolate. Scot makes his meatloaf. I try to console Ryder, realize he's hungry which is why the big tantrum.
Meanwhile Brynley gets very fussy where pretty much nothing consoles her. Definitely hardest part of having a baby besides the losing sleep before they start sleeping through the night. I give her a paci and she calms down after I also give her more teething tabs. My pitiful girl.
3:25pm Brynley finally cried herself to sleep in crib. I got a few minutes so I wrote some things in her baby book. Whew! Just checked on her and she was sound asleep with arms out. Maybe I just need to do this more often.
4:15 pm Brynley wakes from her nap. I fed her a bottle (supply low at this time of day) then change her diaper and get ready to eat dinner. Pour a glass of wine. Ahh almost end of the day!
4:35pm dinner is served :) compliments to my husband the chef. We gave Ryder leftover whole wheat pasta, and I didn't even try battling tonight w meatloaf.
4:52 pick up kitchen start dishwasher and go in living room to play Wii. This is our saving grace to help when Ryder starts his "witching hour" fussy spell before we settle in our bedroom.
5:30 pm Between watching the Wii game then the movie Planet 51 that came on, I went upstairs to print coupons to give Ryder some Daddy time. Brynley was on the floor playing some during that time
6 pm Turn off tv, lights in livingroom, and head to our bedroom to start getting everyone settled in for the night
6:10 pm give Brynley a bath. Ryder gets in too. We get out and leave Ryder to take his bath.
6:29 pm dry Brynley off from her bath. She gets wide eyed before taking her bath and gets SO excited when we say "Are you ready for your bath??" diaper Brynley, lotion her up and dress Brynley in Jammie's. Feed her a large 6 oz bottle breast milk and a scoop of formula. Ryder finishes his bath. Get him out of the tub, after asking him 15 times (what felt like) to get out. He was pumping his and Brynleys baby soap and "washing" the tub. Dry Ryder off, change him to his Jammie's, he jumps off bed and runs off to living room (without even a towel on ha!), wants me to chase him. Fix a bowl of Cheerios, try feeding him one last meal in attempt to get him to sleep later tomorrow. After like 4 attempts he finally decides he's hungry. Again this is where the food battles begin!
Meanwhile Scot tries getting Brynley to eat her bottle as she's screaming entire time. Give her orajel. Turn tv off. Peace and quiet as we try getting kids fed before bed. Continue trying to get Ryder to take bites of Cheerios as Brynley cries between sips of her bottle.
7pm brush Ryder's teeth go upstairs. I take Brynley in her room while Scot takes Ryder in his room and starts reading books. I finish feeding Brynley with lights off in rocking chair, swaddle her and give her a paci. Lay her in bed after turning on monitor and sound machine. Meet Scot and Ryder in his room to finish reading books and say prayers together. Tonight it's shark book and The Hungry Caterpillar.
7:21 on Scot and I somehow get both kids settled and get our snack which is cereal and watch Amazing Race. (bad lighting for the iPhone camera, but I still wanted to relish in our "AHHH..peace finally" moment ha ha!)
7:30pm Ryder comes down the stairs but we ignore him to see what he does and he passes out on the floor. We finish Amazing Race and take him back upstairs, let Tucker out for the night, total calories on fitness pal and then I take out my contacts and we brush our teeth and asleep by 8:45 pm because we're so tired from the past few days/ nights of not sleeping well and getting up w Brynley
11:19 pm my night to get up I feed Brynley and she's rolled over on her stomach when I come to get her to feed her! Good thing I didn't swaddle her arms. I give more teething tabs and she drank almost 5 oz formula.
12 am (I think) Ryder sashayed his way to our bed and crawls in bed with us. I tell him to get in bed but I'm so tired I didn't follow through and make him go to his room.
3 am Scot gets up w Brynley. He doesn't swaddle her and so she won't settle down! U go up to try settling her. Back to bed by 4 am. Toss and turn, Scot takes Ryder back to his bed and it's 7 am when I wake again. Ryder at my bed asking for breakfast. Sunlight coming in so I know it's later than usual. Ready for another day but first wheres my coffee!
I'm tired for you mama! This is something you can direct people to if they ask what you actually do all day as a stay at home mom :) I think I'll do a similar post someday soon!
ReplyDeleteYay, you did one too! Loved reading about what your day looks like :-) I had to laugh about the recipe substitution - using beef instead of veal sounds like something I would do!
ReplyDeleteThat was a day! I know you are tired.. because I got tired just from reading about it.. hee hee!
ReplyDeleteHowever, you day seemed way more interesting than mine. Your going to the gym and eating healthy is so inspiring!!!
These are so fun to read! Sounds like a busy day but I am sure they are all like that. And there was a picture you took of Brynley where she is lying on her stomach looking at you and she looks just like you! I am impressed you get in bed before nine. If I am asleep before midnight, its a miracle! Of course I get to sleep a little later than you do. (I should really start working out....sigh.)
ReplyDelete