We said our goodbyes to Freddy Christmas Eve as we got everyone settled for the night. Ryder had been a good boy and so he had a few surprises in store for him yesterday morning. On his list for Santa was a "mote control car, bust my buffers Thomas, and Cranky the crane. And thats just what Santa brought him! He was so grateful and exclaimed "just what I wanted as he opened each gift.
And a kitchen for Brynley!
Goodies that filled Ryder's stocking! He got to splurge and have chocolates, skittles, and candy cans (as Ryder calls them) for breakfast, but I baked a praline french toast bake for us that was prepped the night before which made it all the easier for Christnas morning! I'm not an egg person but this was so yummy!I got quite a bit of snuggles from Brynley before getting everyone showered before my family arrived to open gifts and to eat. Scot and I didn't exchange gifts this year, but gave each other cards which meant more to me than any gift. With me staying home we've made a few adjustments and gifts was one of those we had to cut back on this year.
My mom, Nana, snuggling with her sweet grand baby!
Grannie even got in on the fun and raced Ryder's new remote control car!I was so happy to have my brother and his wife join us for Christmas this year, since we normally celebrate on Christmas Eve each year. I can't wait until the day when they have children of their own that we can have all of our families together with the cousins playing with one another!
I was so excited to get the baby bullet so that I can make homeade organic baby food for Brynley. I joked that I am officially a SAHM now that I can make my own baby food! I wanted to when I had Ryder, but since I was working, I guess I felt like I didn't have the time. Looking back now, I'm sure I could have made the time, but I just didn't, so this was one of the things I really wanted to do this time around. Funny what you learn after having one baby! One of the most surprising things I learned about the jarred baby food is that it has a shelf life of 3 YEARS! Not only that, but when they jar the food, its heated to such high temperatures that it burns off any bacteria, including all of the good nutrients and vitamins too.
Posing with Scot before opening our new outdoor fire pit. Can't wait to hang out and talk, roast marshmallows or enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a margarita and sit by the fire pit. Maybe once Brynley starts sleeping better at night we can actually enjoy ourselves rather than having to rush to bed ourselves.
The biggest surprise for Ryder was the drumset that my brother got him! He was so cute drumming away like a little Drummer Boy! Of course the noise level may be a bit much, but thankfully my brother and sister in law got us some buffers to help with the sound too!
It was such a fun day, yes there were a few meltdowns by the end of the night, but it was all worth it for the fun we had with my family! I hope that your Christmas was Merry!
I am loving their Christmas pj's especially Brynley's reindeer bottom pajamas, too cute for words! Let me know how she likes her kitchen, I bet that's something Gracie will like and her b-day is in 2 months! ~Andrea
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome gift from your brother. I love seeing my brother with my kids. You can tell how crazy he is about them. And let me know how you like making baby food! I always bought organic jarred for Colt and plan to with Sula as well but I may also try making her some food as well now that I have the time!
ReplyDelete